The Roku mobile app is a free application for iOS and Android devices that turns your mobile device into our ultimate streaming companion for Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
To use the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
Complement your Roku streaming experience and use the Roku mobile app to:
- Use your phone or tablet as a remote control for your Roku device
- Browse a hand-picked selection of great movies and TV shows using What's On
- Use your voice or mobile keyboard to search for movies, TV shows, actors and directors
- Launch your favorite channels directly from your mobile device
- Add channels and games from the Roku Channel Store
- Listen to audio from streaming movies or shows through your headphones with Private listening *
- Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV using Play on Roku
- Use your mobile keyboard to enter text on your Roku device
- Follow your favorite movies, shows and actors/directors using My Feed
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU STREAMING PLAYER OR ROKU TV
Certain features require compatible Roku devices and may require logging in to your Roku account.
* Roku Search is available only when your connected Roku streaming player or Roku TV supports this functionality. Roku Search is not available in Mexico.
* Searching by voice is available in English in the US and Canada only.
* The Roku app is available in English language only in Mexico.
* Mobile Private Listening is available for Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3600), Roku Premiere, Premiere+, Roku Ultra and Roku TVs
** Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability is subject to change and varies by country.
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://support.roku.com