RecForge II is an Android dictaphone and editor to record, convert, play, edit, and share your recordings in most popular audio codecs
Main features :
- Highly customizable recorder (codec, samplerate, bitrate, mono / stereo)
- Use external microphone (RODE, iRig, ...)
- Disable AGC (Automatic Gain Control)
- Manual gain adjustment
- Skip silences
- Schedule recording
- extract sound stream from videos
- Music speed changer : Adjust tempo, pitch, playing rate
- Loop on playing selection
- Recorder for sound, voice, note, dictation, rehearsal, meeting, lecture, music learning, EVP, studio recording, ... in mp3, m4a, ogg, wma, opus, flac and wav codec
- Real-time monitoring (live audio spectrum analyzer)
- Use front, rear or external microphone (TRRS adapter, RODE SC6, iRig Mic, iRig Cast, iRig Pre or RODE smartLav)
- Skip silences
- Disable AGC (Automatic Gain Control) for better quality
- Schedule a date to start the recorder
- Record in background
- Control the recorder from the notification bar
- Loop for memorization, actor lines, bible memory, recitations, ...
- Visualize stereo audio signal (audio spectrum analyzer)
- Music speed changer : Time stretching with playing rate, pitch and tempo adjustment (to practice an instrument or transcribe lecture, ...)
- Convert your dictation to mp3, m4a, ogg, wma, opus, flac and wav with all possible settings : samplerate, bitrate, mono / stereo, ...
- Extract sound stream from video
- Edit your recordings (cut or crop to keep only interesting parts - concatenate or merge to make basic arrangements) for ringtones, commentary, ...
- Tag your recording and edit metadata
- Change music speed (tempo, pitch and rate) and save as a new file
- Play, record, pause / resume, loop, convert, edit, concatenate, merge, time strecth, adjust pitch, tempo and playing rate
- Send your dictation to cloud storage services or share your recordings with your friends by mail, SoundCloud, WhatsApp ...
- Manage and organize your files with folders (rename, delete, copy, move)
- Sort recordings by date, name and size
- Save sounds to android media library
- 4 widgets (one click recorder)
- Material design UI
Supported audio formats :
- samplerate from 8 to 48kHz
- encoding codec : mp3, m4a, ogg, wma, opus, flac and wav
- decoding codec : mp3, ogg, wav, wma, flac, opus, m4a, m2a, mp2, aac, m4v, mp4, mka, mkv, ac3, eac3, amr, 3gp, 3g2, avi, mov, asf, ogv, .wmv, .flv, .f4v, .webm
- bitrate from 32 to 320 kbps
- mono / mono x2 / stereo (cf FAQ)
You can find more details about settings (external microphone, AGC, manual gain, loop, skip silences, stereo, ...) in the FAQ :
If the app force closes after an install or upgrade, the application's files may have been corrupted. Please uninstall reboot and reinstall.
An other possibility is that a Cleaner or a task killer is running. Please create an exception for RecForge
If there are any problems, please contact us and we will troubleshoot the problem together
We would be very grateful if you could spend some time to rate RecForge on Google Play and/or use the Google +1 button
Record to mp3, m4a, ogg, wma, flac and opus codec are interrupted every 3 minutes (there is no limit for wav). Simply press the pause button to continue recording or buy the pro version to remove this limitation.
RecForge Pro owners : As long as a legit RecForge Pro version is installed on your device, you shouldn't have the 3 minutes limitation.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dje073
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RecForge
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RecForgeApp
Permission details :
- Storage : Save recordings to your external storage
- Microphone : Record sound from your (external) microphone