The RS-MS1A is an application that allows your Android device to remotely use the D-STAR and DV mode functions of some D-STAR transceiversFunctional overview of the applicationDR functions
You can use some transceivers DR functions.Share pictures
Send and receive voice and pictures.Text messaging
Send and receive text messages.Map
See the location of repeater sites or other stations on a map using received position data, or your transceivers repeater list.
Automatically set the transceivers FROM and TO fields by tapping a repeater site or a station on the map.Offline Map
Use your own maps without needing an internet connection.Receive History
In the DV mode, read and edit the received stations information.
Download additional information from an Internet database, such as QRZ.com or APRS.fi.Call Sign list
Edit call signs and names used in the DR function. Also, you can add a call sign and a name in the Call Sign list.Repeater list
See the detailed data entered in the Repeater list.Transceiver settings
Change some of the transceivers function settings.Application settings
Select application software settings.Import
Import a Repeater list and a Call Sign list.Export
Export the Repeater list, the Call Sign list, and the Receive History.Device requirements
The RS-MS1A operating requirements are as follows:
1. Android 5.0 or later
The RS-MS1A has been tested with the following Android devices available in Japan.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (NTT docomo SC-04E: Android 5.0.1)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (au SCV33: Android 7.0)
- Samsung Galaxy S9 (NTT docomo SC-02K: Android 8.0)
- Samsung Galaxy Note3 (NTT docomo SC-01F / au SCL22: Android 5.0)
- Samsung Galaxy Note8 (au SC-01K: Android 8.0)
- Google Nexus 7 (2013) (Nexus7-16G: Android 6.0.1)
- SONY Xperia XZ2 (NTT docomo SO-03K: Android 9)
2. Touch screen
3. Bluetooth function and/or USB host functionCompatible transceivers
- ID-51A/E (PLUS model / PLUS2 model)
- ID-31A/E PLUS
- IC-7100*2*1 Supported in IC-9700 Ver.1.03 or later, RS-MS1A Ver.1.3.0 or later.
*2 Not all functions are usable.Preparation
To use the RS-MS1A with a supported transceiver, you need an internal Bluetooth unit or the OPC-2350LU data cable. See your transceivers instruction manual for details.Note:
- The RS-MS1A may not work with all Android devices, even if it is one of the tested devices. This is because an application program on your device may conflict with the RS-MS1A.
- You may need to install additional file managing and image processing software.
- Your Android device must be USB host function compatible to communicate with your transceiver through the OPC-2350LU cable. Even if your device is USB host function compatible, the RS-MS1A may not function properly.
- You may need to connect to the Internet through a Wireless LAN, a 3G network or an LTE network for some functions.
- The RS-MS1A supports only portrait orientation. It does not support Auto Rotate.
- Remove the data cable when the Android device is not used to reduce the devices power consumption
- The RS-MS1A program may lock up when transmitting some high-quality or large size image files, or continuously operated for a long time. In that case, restart the program.
- Depending on the Android device, the power supplied to the USB terminal may be stopped while in the display sleep mode or power saving mode. In that case, remove the Screen timeout check mark on the Application Setting screen of the RS-MS1A.
- When you transmit an image file with the baud rate set at 4800bps, some of that data may be lost. In that case, set the baud rate to over 9600bps.