Pointillist is a simple instant camera to capture and print photos on the go, using your phone and a cheap Bluetooth thermal printer. Express yourself in striking black and white dots, on receipt paper! Dither like it's 1976.
- A Bluetooth thermal printer that supports ESC/POS commands is required and must be paired first with your mobile device. Paperang or PeriPage are not supported, unfortunately, because they are proprietary to their manufacturer.
- Prints failing to finish or printing long strips of garbage text? Try enabling image slicing and increase the buffer overflow delay in the app's printer settings.
- Many white horizontal lines? Disable image slicing and decrease the buffer overflow delay time. Also, look in the printer's computer drivers for a program that can increase the printer's Bluetooth baud (bandwidth) rate.
- Garbled or narrow prints? Ensure the pixel width (dots per line) setting matches the printer's specifications. 58mm printers are usually 384 dots, while 80mm printers are 576.
- Most printers include PC software for configuring print speed, density, and other settings via a USB connection. Enable Bluetooth 4 if possible, and set the baud-rate to a higher speed. Consult the printer's manual for more information.
Still have questions, suggestions, complaints, or issues?
Send an email to the address listed below and I will always respond! This is a free project created in my spare time, and I can't always respond immediately, but I will try my best to help you :) Thanks for trying my app!