Opera Mini Browser is everything you'd expect from a browser with the Opera name, even in spite of some hit-or-miss features. It can run neck and neck with the other popular browsers in the Google Play store in terms of speed and performance. If you're still stuck on Android's default browser, give this interesting app a shot.
This is a version of Opera's full browser that has been shrunk down to look good on smartphones and tablets. Opera Mini Browser seems designed for the phone's Portrait mode, which means it will look a little cramped and require extra scrolling on smaller phones. Regardless of the size of your mobile gadget, you'll find tabbed browsing, speed dial, and bookmarks, which all work just as well as they would on a full version of Opera. You can even access Opera's exclusive sync feature to share bookmarks and pages from multiple instances of the browser. If you choose to log in with social networks, the app will let you get and share recommended pages, too. While you can do a lot to change this browser's layout, you can't access a night mode to save battery and eye strain. As far as speed, Opera loaded pages just as quickly as other browsers.
While you might not like the longer page view for all of your browsing, some people will really enjoy it. Either way, Opera Mini Browser is a loaded browser that is worthy of serious acclaim. While it may not be enough to pull you away if you're using Dolphin, Chrome, or Firefox, it will make your jaw drop if you've been using Android's default browser.
- Android O support
- Removed lock screen feature
- Improved background downloading
- Fixed issues with address bar
- Various stability and performance fixes
The Opera Mini browser for Android lets you do everything you want online without wasting your data plan. It's a fast, safe browser that saves you tons of data and lets you download videos from social media.
- Block ads - Opera Mini has a built-in ad blocker so you can surf the web without annoying ads.
- Video download - No time to watch videos? No problem. Tap the new download button and watch them when you're ready. (Doesn't work on YouTube videos, though - sorry!)
- Add to home screen - Add the sites you visit most to your mobile home screen with a single click.
Why choose Opera Mini?
- Keep track of your data - You can check your savings in the settings menu and see how much data Opera Mini saves you.
- Multi-task - Keep lots of pages open at once with tabs.
- Browse privately - We all have pages we don't want to remember visiting. If you don't want something saved in your history, you can browse incognito with private tabs.
- Smarter downloads - Download files in the background and hold off downloading larger files until you're back on Wi-Fi. Opera Mini will let you know as soon as your downloads are complete. Just click the notification to open your download - no more digging around in folders.
Other great stuff
- Save your favorite sites: Tap the + button on the search bar to save a page to your Speed Dial, add it to your mobile bookmarks, or read it offline.
- Get the latest news: The start page keeps everything in one place. Choose the categories you're interested in and Opera Mini will serve you the top stories and freshest content from across the web.
- Sync your devices: Give yourself access to all the bookmarks, Speed Dial shortcuts, and open tabs from your other devices.
- Night mode: Dim the screen to save your eyes.
- Switch up your search: Assign your favorite default search engine.
Download Opera Mini and try one of the fastest ways to browse the web on your mobile device.
To learn more about the specific permissions Opera Mini uses, please visit the follow page: http://www.opera.com/help/mini/android/permissions
Opera Mini may show ads from Facebook. To learn more, see https://m.facebook.com/ads/ad_choices
Have questions or need help? Visit http://www.opera.com/help/mini/android/
Get the latest news about Opera:
Twitter - http://twitter.com/opera/
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/opera/
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/operabrowser/
End User Terms:
By downloading and/or using this product, you acknowledge and agree to the end user license agreement at https://www.operasoftware.com/eula/mini and Privacy Statement at https://www.opera.com/privacy.