With its support for most video formats and excellent performance, MX Player stands out as a high-quality app in a category saturated by unoptimized or ad-infested players. It plays almost everything and does it smoothly, saving you the trouble of having to mess with video converters.
Powerful: MX Player's hardware acceleration and multicore decoding really work on devices with strong CPUs and enough RAM, providing a graceful, flowing playback experience even for three-hour-long HD films.
Responsive hand gestures: The sensitive fast-forward, rewind, swiping, and pinching to zoom in and pan finger gestures make this player great for re-watching favorites.
Streamlined design: From the minimal interface to the resume playback option to the handy subtitle customization and video playback preferences, this app puts at your fingertips all the features and options you need to customize your viewing experience.
Occasional quirks: With the high-performance H/W decoder on, the player sometimes skips longer HD videos, just refusing to play them -- they appear as grayed out in the playlist. Switching to the software S/W decoder fixes the problem.
Intrusive ads: While not plagued by ads like other free players, this one displays an annoying ad atop the screen when video playback is stopped. Though it disappears once you press play, it's still annoying.
Sleek and potent, MX Player impresses with its built-in codecs and decoders, as well as with its handy screen gestures. It's certainly one of the best Android players out there. Overall, this app feels like the Android equivalent of the desktop VLC.
Powerful video player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support.
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING - MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device's performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN - Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES - Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) KIDS LOCK - Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps. (plugin required)
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
MX Player needs permissions on the following categories:
* "Access Photos/Media/Files" permission to read your all media files on your storage
* "Other app capabilities" for various activities like checking network status, Streaming, controlling bluetooth device, controlling the touch feedbacks, blocking keys with kid lock feature.
* "READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" permission is required in order to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* "WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" permission is required in order to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
* "ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" and "ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" permissions are required in order to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking, etc.
* "INTERNET" permission is required in order to play internet streams.
* "VIBRATE" permission is required in order to controls the vibration feedbacks.
* "BLUETOOTH" permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected.
* "WAKE_LOCK" permission is required in order to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
* "KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES" permission is required in order to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
* "DISABLE_KEYGUARD" permission is required in order to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
* "SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW" permission is required in order to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
* "DRAW OVER OTHER APPS" permission is required in order to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing "package file is invalid" error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit our Facebook Page or XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org