If you truly want to expand the functionality of your Android device, then this app is worth your attention. With IP Webcam your mobile device can easily turn into a useful Webcam for online Skype sessions or even a video baby monitor. This app delivers exactly what it promises, it's easy to use, and it functions without much hassle.
IP Webcam offers a pretty straightforward and functional layout. The setup is very easy and there are a few options in the main menu, such as which camera to use, and whether sound will be streaming or not. To stream the video just go on your computer or other Android device and type the IP address in, and that's it. Once the video begins streaming, an IP address is shown in the bottom of the monitor. Flash player is required to view the feed. The image is choppy and pretty low resolution in order to keep the bandwidth down, but overall the quality is not bad at all. Even though this a very light application it tends to bog down resources once it is up and running. It is capable of crashing a device if other applications are running in the background. It also uses battery power quite liberally while streaming.
Anyone looking for a low-resolution Webcam for any reason should consider trying out this app. With IP Webcam app the possibilities become endless. If you ever need a Webcam on the go or video baby monitor, this is the application for you. It does what it says, but it can drain the resources.
Various ONVIF/RTSP fixes, support for Amazon Spot + Monocle
Fallback to Camera1 for early Camera2 implementations
Camera2 support with manual focus/sensor controls
Native SD card support via SAF
IP Webcam turns your phone into a network camera with multiple viewing options. View your camera on any platform with VLC player or web browser. Stream video inside WiFi network without internet access.
Optional Ivideon cloud broadcasting is supported for instant global access.
Two-way audio supported in tinyCam Monitor on another android device.
Use IP Webcam with third-party MJPG software, including video surveillance software, security monitors and most audio players.
- Video upload to Dropbox, SFTP, FTP and Email using Filoader plugin
- Video recording in WebM, MOV, MKV or MPEG4 (on Android 4.1+)
- Audio streaming in wav, opus and AAC (AAC requires Android 4.1+)
- Motion detection with sound trigger, Tasker integration.
- Date, time and battery level video overlay.
- Sensor data acquisition with online web graphing.
- Videochat support (video stream only for Windows and Linux via an universal MJPEG video streaming driver)
- Cloud push notifications on motion and sound, cloud recording for motion-triggered records, online video broadcasting powered by Ivideon.
- Extensive baby and pet monitor features: night vision, motion detection, sound detection.
Lite version is supported with unobtrusive ads. It's fully functional, but lacks Tasker integration, customizable user interface (only editor is present) and has a watermark over recorded videos.
Email me if you have questions after reading the FAQ.