Alone Arctic Biologist ends up getting lost in a sudden snowstorm and must take refuge in an arctic research base simply called Base 75. However, the base has no power (meaning no heat) and whats worse it is clear he is not alone in Base 75.
Frostbite: Deadly Climate is a First-Person Shooter / Survival-Horror game that takes heavy inspiration from The Thing in Setting/Story with gameplay similar to old-school survival-horror games but in a First Person perspective. Along with a heavy focus on Atmospheric/Psychological Horror over Cheap/Mindless Jumpscares.
Taking place in an arctic setting, players must watch their body temperature as it will slowly drain throughout. As the body temperature decreases the player will notice some negative effects and will even lose health if their body temp is at 0%.
- Exploration, Item Management, Puzzles, and Combat is the primary gameplay.
- an Area Temperature system that can be affected by the player's actions and in return affects the player characters body temperature.
- 5 Difficulty Modes (Easy, Normal, Hard, Nightmare, and Deadly).
- a Save System that requires an item to save your game.
- a Silent Hill inspired Map system that marks open/lock doors and presents your current objective.
- And much, much more.