Desktop Armor watches dozens and dozens of important settings on your computer and warns you if any program has changed them. This catches many of the changes a virus, worm, or trojan program will make to your computer and lets you immediately fix them back! Plus Desktop Armor includes a lot of other useful features like a Popup blocker, checks to help you avoid Phishing scams,and much more.
- Desktop Armor protects your web browser's home page and other important settings. It lets you easily fix things if your browser has been taken over by a hijacker, and watches for hijackers trying to invade.
- Helps your computer start faster by keeping unnecessary things from starting every time you start Windows.
- Keeps you from having your modem's phone number changed to dial expensive pay-per-minute numbers when connecting to the Internet!
- Catches many of the changes a virus, worm, or trojan program will make to your computer.
- Prevents programs you install from adding new icons or favorites that you don't want.
- In my testing, installing America Online's latest software adds 2 programs to run every time Windows starts, adds 5 icons on your desktop, and adds 2 icons in the Quick Launch area. All without ever asking you what you want. Desktop Armor catches all those changes and lets you choose to keep or reject them.
- And many more. There are dozens and dozens of different settings that Desktop Armor watches to protect you.