There's busy, and then there's Super Mom (or Dad) busy, which brings us to Cozi's free Android app. Cozi's motto is "Family life. Simplified." Cozi lets you share common messages, calendars, shopping lists, and anything else you need to keep your family organized and informed. And where better to do it from than your smartphone? Cozi's app is free but ad-supported, which means ever-changing banner ads. But some of the ads we saw offered coupons and discounts on products that actually might be of interest to the resident decision maker, so maybe it's not such a bad thing after all (and it keeps the app free). We tried Cozi on a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.1.
When you first run Cozi, you'll need to create an account, which involves entering your first name and an e-mail address, creating a shared family password, and entering a household name and ZIP code. Cozi displayed our family's name above its menu, and there's a place for a family photo, too. Cozi's menu offers a Calendar, To-do and Shopping Lists, a Journal, and Settings. A sub-menu lists items available with Cozi Gold, a paid upgrade. We opened the Calendar, which displays a scrolling daybook view beneath a search field and a quick-access calendar feature. To set appointments and events for other family members, you first need to visit the Setup Household page and enter adults, children, and device settings. Once they're entered, all your kids need is the shared family password to access not just the calendar but also Cozi's lists and other features, and not only from their Android devices but also desktops, laptops, or any Cozi-compatible devices. You can create and save grocery lists with the Shopping List tool, while the Journal feature is a quick and easy note-keeper that lets you attach images to entries.
The family that droids together...well; that doesn't work. But Cozi does! And if your kids can't pull their eyes away from their phones, Cozi at least gives you a chance to stay in touch about what's going on with each other.
Fixed an issue which prevented some users from connecting to the Cozi service.
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us anytime at cozi.com/contact-us.
Manage your jam-packed life and keep the whole family in the loop with Cozi, Appy Award Winner for Best Family App and named a "must-have" app for a better life by The TODAY Show.
There's nothing stationary about your life, so why depend on a family calendar that hangs on a fridge or wall? Cozi turns all your devices into ultimate family organizers with a shared calendar, shopping lists, to do lists, recipe box, and more everyone can access on the go.
- An easy to use color-coded calendar, view an individual's schedule or the whole family at once
- Add or edit appointments that everyone in the family can see
- Set reminders so no one misses soccer practice or an important event
- Get an agenda for the upcoming week sent by email to any family member
- Shared grocery lists the whole family can access
- Retrieve lists when you're at the store and quickly cross off items or add new ones while you shop
- See items added by other family members when you're on the go, no more coming home with everything but the one thing you really needed
TO DO LISTS
- Create a shared to do list, a honey do list or chore checklists for the kids
- Have your to do items right there in your pocket to remind yourself or send them to a family member to remind them
- Create as many lists as you want - to do lists are a great place to keep planning checklists like packing lists, the kids camp list, emergency supplies and more
- Keep all your recipes in one place
- Search and view recipes from anywhere - in your kitchen or at the store
- Add ingredients to shopping list with one click
- Jot down a special moment and add a photo all while you are on the move
- Cozi's journal is designed especially for busy moms and dads, so it's quick and easy to keep favorite memories you don't want to forget
Home screen widgets give you quick access to your family calendar, shopping lists and to do lists. Choose from small and large widget sizes to customize your at-a-glance view.
- Cozi also offers a premium ad-free version with additional features called Cozi Gold (available as an in-app purchase). Premium features include: Contacts (a shared address book), Birthday Tracker, more reminders, mobile month view, change notifications, mobile app themes and more.
- Your Cozi calendar, shopping lists, to do lists, recipe box, and family journal are accessible from all your devices.
- The whole family shares one account that everyone can access using their own email address (as specified in Settings) and the shared family password.
- International users please note: This is the U.S. version of Cozi Family Organizer and not all features may function as expected.
See why everyone from Real Simple to Parenting to Working Mother Magazine is raving about Cozi.
- Webby Award for Best Utility/Services App
- Appy Award for Best Family App
- Voted #1 Practical Android App for Moms -Babble
- "An online calendar we love." -Parents Magazine
- "Cozi is, in short, ridiculously handy." -PC World
- "Cozi just works." -The Wall Street Journal
- "Cozi is a FlyLady-approved application." -The FlyLady
- "Too good to be true." -Family Fun Magazine
- "Incredibly helpful." -Better Homes and Gardens
NOTE: If you experience any problems with your Cozi app, please don't hesitate to contact us directly at cozi.com/support. We're unable to help if you only leave a comment in the app store. Our support team is top notch and we want to help you!