Companion app for the Veracity POINTSOURCE-Wireless and PINPOINT-Wireless devices to assist with CCTV camera installation.
** This app is only of use if you have one of these Veracity devices **
At this early stage, rather than rating the app, please report errors and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide as much information as possible including model of handheld, and make/model of camera.
Lists IP cameras discovered by POINTSOURCE / PINPOINT (Bonjour & WS-Discovery).
For each camera, displays thumbnail + IP address + MAC address.
View camera video.
View camera configuration pages.
Access POINTSOURCE / PINPOINT device settings.
Retains history of URLs and credentials.
Built-in data for over 100 camera manufacturers.
Predicts values for video URL, configuration URL and credentials.
Upgrade your POINTSOURCE / PINPOINT firmware.
Currently, cameras from the following manufacturers have been tested: AXIS, HikVision, ISD, Mobotix, Samsung, and UDP Technology. CAMPOINT is not compatible with ACTi cameras.
Not all cameras display a thumbnail image, and some thumbnails will not appear until correct camera credentials have been entered.
Normally you plug a single camera into POINTSOURCE. However if you need to connect it to a network, for best performance, ensure that no more than 10 devices are on the network.
For best results, use POINTSOURCE / PINPOINT firmware version 1.1.6 +. (The app does not work with 1.0.11.)
HOW TO USE
1) Install and run the app.
3) If you are not already connected to a POINTSOURCE / PINPOINT device, the app will present a link to the handheld's Wi-Fi settings. Connect your handheld to the POINTSOURCE / PINPOINT Wi-Fi.
4) The app will retrieve a list of cameras from the POINTSOURCE / PINPOINT and display them in a grid.
5) The camera list refreshes automatically every 10 secs, but you can force a refresh by tapping the refresh icon in the top-bar.
6) Clicking on a camera takes you to the Camera Login Panel where you can enter the camera's credentials and then view live camera video or visit the camera's configuration pages.
7) Tap on the settings icon in the top-bar (gear symbol) to access app settings and POINTSOURCE / PINPOINT settings.
CAMERA LOGIN DATA
The Camera Login Panel form fields (username, password, video URL and configuration URL) may be pre-filled. CAMPOINT chooses values...
* Using previously saved values for this ip-address.
* From saved values for a camera of the same manufacturer.
* From the built-in manufacturer data.
For the configuration URL only, if no suitable candidate can be found using the above, CAMPOINT falls back to suggesting just the camera's ip-address.
You can also manually edit the form fields or select from the history of previously entered values.