OS X Server is the next generation of Apple's award winning server software. Designed for OS X and iOS devices, OS X Server makes it easy to share files, schedule meetings, synchronize contacts, develop software, host your own website, publish wikis, configure Mac, iPhone and iPad devices, remotely access your network, and more.
Server is now an application you can add to Mavericks directly from the Mac App Store. Anyone can quickly and easily turn a Mac running Mavericks into a server that's perfect for home offices, businesses, schools, developers, and hobbyists alike.
What's new in version 4.1
- Updated for OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.
- Profile Manager support for new features, Mobile Device Management commands, and payloads introduced in iOS 8.3.
- Caching Server configuration option to output DNS TXT records in Windows format.
- Messages service improvements for group access.
- Enhancements for Profile Manager device searching.
- User and Group accounts can now be exported to a file.
- Improved reliability of Time Machine backups and restores.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Server to stall when updating Profile Manager and Wiki services.