Download offers the opportunity to buy software and apps. When you buy through our links, we may get a commission.
Amazon Kindle provides you with a huge array of e-books, magazines, and more that can be synced to multiple devices via cloud storage. The newest additions to the e-book reader application are somewhat small but helpful; however, more personalization options are still needed.
Superb e-book reader: Amazon Kindle's reader now offers multiple highlighter colors, following the recent update and also offers a very helpful copy/paste function. Navigating books is very easy with the reader's sidebar menu that allows you to jump from chapter to chapter. Font size and page design can be manipulated to ensure the best readability possible.
Excellent organization: Downloaded texts are neatly stored in the Kindle application and are helpfully arranged by title, author name, or most recently read. This is very helpful for those that have large libraries of purchases.
Enormous library: Amazon Kindle offers you hundreds of thousands of texts for download, so you will never get tired of this application. Many full-length books and magazines are offered for free as well.
Few personal options: While the Kindle e-book reader can be customized extensively, the application itself cannot be changed in the slightest. A dark color scheme that can be difficult to see is the only option available, so you may be displeased with the lack of control you have over Kindle.
Very few applications give you all the features provided by Amazon Kindle. The e-book reader and library of books can easily be labeled the best on the market. We recommend downloading Amazon Kindle because very few applications on the market are as expansive and sturdy as Kindle.
On the bus, on your break, in your bed--never be without a book. Built for book lovers, the Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from over six million Kindle books (including those with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics and start reading in seconds. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children's books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more--and try any book before you buy with a free sample.
Subscribe to Kindle Unlimited to enjoy unlimited reading and listening. Explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines for just $9.99 a month.
Over 1,000 books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
With Kindle Daily Deals, save up to 80% on a new selection of books every day, including romance, science fiction, non-fiction, and books for young readers.
Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the free Kindle app--so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
- Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)--and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
- Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don't know and characters you can't remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
- Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you've read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
- Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
- Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird's-eye view of your book with Page Flip--don't worry, we'll save your place.
- Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
- Sync your books across devices. When you're reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off--along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes--so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
- When you can't read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
- Get notified when authors you love have new releases, or when books you're interested in go on deal.
Shop your favorite products and we’ll find the best deal with a single click. Designed to make shopping easier.