The program is designed to calculate Abhijit Muhurta, Rahu Kalam and Brahma Muhurta - special time intervals during the day. Abhijit Muhurta is favorable for all actions, events and undertakings. Rahu Kalam is an inauspicious period, when starting important tasks should be avoided. Brahma Muhurta is best time to wake up and meditate.
The calculations are carried out according to the rules of Vedic Astrology - Jyotish (see Muhurtha (Electional Astrology) by Bangalore Venkata Raman and articles by Sanjay Rath).
WELL BEGUN IS HALF DONE
Each and every moment of our life is permeated with certain planetary energies. On the other hand success of any action is significantly governed by the time when it is started. It's very sensible to pick date, hour, etc. carefully in advance. Unfortunalely, we are not allways in charge and sometimes action's need to be taken today. In this case Jyotish recommends to wait for Abhijit Muhurta, which lasts 48 minutes on the average (about 24 minutes before and after exact astrological noon). And certainly starting important tasks during Rahu Kalam should be avoided.
Abhijit Muhurta is excellent for performing important daily tasks.
Rahu Kalam is quite the opposite. This time is inauspicious for any action.
EARLY TO BED AND EARLY TO RISE
Ashtanga Hridaya Samhita says: "brahme muhurta uttisthet svastho raksartham ayusah" which means awake during the Brahma muhurta for preservation of your health and life itself. Because of it's positive energy Brahma Muhurta provides best conditions for meditation and other spiritual practices.
- Calculating time of sunrise, sunset and astrological noon, Abhijit Muhurta and Rahu Kalam for any given location and date.
- Calculating Abhijit Muhurta, Rahu Kalam and Brahma Muhurta for today and for the next 7 days.
- Using location services (GPS or mobile networks) to get current device location.
- Daily notifications of Abhijit Muhurta's beginning and end.
- An alarm clock for Brahma Muhurta that adjusts automatically each day
- A widget that shows Abhijit Muhurta for today.