CNET Editors' review
To a certain extent, all media players are the same; they play audio or video, and the only thing that really differentiates them from one another is their features and interface. Unfortunately, uAmp has absolutely nothing going for it where either of these is concerned.
We will never understand why software designers create interfaces that are festooned with tiny buttons and text. Not only was it virtually impossible to decipher words and symbols on uAmp's interface, but also the buttons were so small that we had difficulty even clicking on them. The program offers several different skins, but we hardly count this as an asset when everything else about the interface is so frustratingly small. As for uAmp's features, there's not much to discuss. The program does play both audio and video, and videos can be resized by manually entering the desired height and width pixels, which we guess is kind of cool. The audio player allows for the creation of playlists, but so do most other media players. To its credit, the program does come with a fairly detailed Readme file, but we have trouble imagining that anyone could deal with uAmp's interface for long enough to want to learn how to use it. Overall, although the program does work just fine for playing both audio and video, we thought the interface was absurdly bad. There are many other media players out there that don't require a magnifying glass for use.
uAmp is free. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We do not recommend this program.
uAmp is 32 & 64 bit compatible, and plays most audio and video files and is small and resourceful. Easily play videos at any size-enter width and height. Control Video speed 1/10th, 1/4, 3/4 or full speed. uAmp uses metallic skins, but features eye-pleasing nature themes, too, like Pine, Lightning, and Blue Sky. uAmp (unbranded Audio/Visual mini player) features 2 selectable plasma screens in each of 10 skins, with movements updated on-the-fly (not animations) plus 2 visualizations (AV) oscilloscope + analyzer. uAmp Audio Player actively displays available Name, Artist, Album, Genre, Year, Frequency, Bits, Mp3 Type, # Of Songs In Playlist, Song # In List, Total Play Time (Playlist), Total Time (Song), and Time Played (Song). Select AV type, line and BG color of AV. Load multiple files (600+) without hogging OS resources. uAmp can create, edit, and save playlists. Load a single file, playlist, or a folder with mixed audio types. Click to change skins, plasma, change AV type, or randomize playlist instantly.
Version 5.0 adds progress bar/slider.
What's new in this version: Version 5.0 adds progress bar/slider.
More Products to Consider
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Play media files using portable player with a single executable...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Edit files like .docx, .doc, .epub, .odt, .xls, .xlsx with ease...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Search and play in your local database or in Youtube.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Integrate video, audio and DVD playback into application.
- Play media files and get lyrics to them.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Play audio files and listen to the radio.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Play news and music with friendly interface great for radio pro...
- Play all kinds of video content.
- Play Flash FLV video files on your PC.
- Quickly embed a video player into your Web site, customize it e...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Capture real-time video, sound, and image from video devices.
- Play and edit videos.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Fantastic media player."
Version: uAmp 5.0
light weight and easy to operate
Audio and video played on a separate window. No audio dragging button. Player above video.
I like the product for its light weightedness and so for its loading fast. Simple- no complications.
It can not play some media files. Poor interface.