CNET Editors' review
NokVault offers untraceable file encryption storage. Though it took us a little time to get used to navigating the program, we found that it offers reliable and safe file protection.
When you first install the program, you're asked to enter your e-mail address for password retrieval. You'll need the password to get in and out of the program. The user interface is broken down into eight categories for accessing your vault and any files in the vault, and managing your keys and program configurations. It looked simple at first, but we had to spend a little time getting used to the layout. The program offers AES and Blowfish encryption. Encrypting a file was simply a matter of right-clicking on the file, selecting the encrypt option, and entering the key we created during installation. Once we logged into the program using our password, we were able to view all of our encrypted files. Sending files to the vault was accomplished using the same right-click method. Hovering your mouse over each category shows a brief explanation of its function, but the program offers additional support through its Web site.
The program offers a 30-day trial period, which is plenty of time to become familiar with its features. Once you get the hang of its navigation, you'll feel safe using NokVault to protect your important files.
nokVAULT is the ultimate guaranteed protection software on the market today. It's the worlds most unbreakable encrypted vault. It's invisible, untraceable, and it can't be detected by any operating system. Other applications encrypt and vault your sensitive information but rely on Windows to store and manage it. nokVAULT is different. It stores your sensitive data outside of Windows, safe from intruders and hackers. This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Reveal forgotten passwords for Web sites you once visited.
- Rename multiple files of various formats.
- Password protect programs and encrypt files with 128 bit AES en...
- Calculate MD5 checksum values of specified files.
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Monitor and record all activities on your computer.
- Decode your CHM files or e-books and extract all source files.
- Optimize and clean up your system.
- Recover lost or forgotten Windows passwords.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Secure area to hide files is a great feature"
Version: nokVault 3.0
Secure area file system
Wide variety of encryption methods
Unique installation per user
Installation requires email confirmation
Security is clearly superior with hidden file system. Integration with Vista is very well thought out.
"This is incredibly easy to use"
Version: nokVault 3.0
The interface is clean and easy to navigate. My protected files are organized so i can keep track of whats been encrypted. Ive only protected a few files but i must say, it was amazing to see them completely disappear when i closed my vault.
In order to install the software i needed an license password. this was emailed to me immediately after downloading the software.
I believe this is a great product, its inexpensive, quick and simple to use and SUPER SECURE . As a small business owner facing the constant threats to my private and confidential digital data I've been forced to take a stronger approach to security - So encryption it is. I tried a few programs, Truecrypt, folderlock, and have been personally scared off by the cold boot attacks (i use a laptop). I know encrypting will keep my laptop data safe and with nokVAULT's claims of "user unique" installation, secure delete and out of OS existence, I'm feeling pretty comfortable that I've made the right choice.
At least if my laptop gets stolen, the culprits wont find my database because protected with nokVAULT its now invisible.
Version: nokVault 3.0
I downloaded my personal version and the security settings were setup for ME ONLY? WOW! If this is true, that is awesome! My Windows won't let me touch my files that I protected. I love it. I recommend it to anyone looking for extreme file security.
It takes a long time to hide big files, like my outlook email PST file that I protected, but only the first time as you encrypt it. When you close the vault, the PST file is gone so Outlook thinks you are a new user. You have to open the vault first.
Very useful security product and fun to watch in action as my Windows can't read my files any longer, until I let it... Try it and see for yourself.