CNET Editors' review
Many recording programs come with a messy interface and a lack of support. This isn't the case with n-Track for Mac. This software makes an effort to offer a user-friendly interface and support for simultaneous recording from multiple 16-bit and 24-bit sound cards.
Available for free for the first 40 days, the program costs $49.00 to buy. The installation is easy and quick, and the program doesn't take more than 174MB once installed. Once you open the program, you'll notice a clean and easy-to-comprehend interface divided into different segments. In the preferences you can choose the sampling frequency, and in the settings you can choose between stereo or mono recording and the number of bits the sound card uses. The program provides everything you need in order to record, play and edit audio and MIDI multitrack. It offers a complete mixing system with volumes, effects, and meters, as well as a very stable sequencer. The program supports simultaneous recording from multiple source, so that you can record multiple tracks at the same time if you have the sound card(s) needed. It also supports many known formats, including .mp3, .wma, .wav, and .mid. Additionally, you can add AU, VST, VST3, and ReWire effects to each track. The program is stable and performed very well in almost every situation during our testing.
For those who need a fast and effective audio multitrack recording and editing software, n-Track for Mac offers a nice, clean package with a full range of effects.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of n-Track for Mac 2.0.7 build 3017b.
n-Track Studio is an audio & MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your computer into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks. The program supports simultaneous recording from multiple 16 and 24 bit soundcards, and real-time audio effects can be applied non-destructively to each track. Built-in effects include Reverb, Multiband Compression, Chorus, Delay, Pitch Shift, Graphic and Parametric EQ & spectrum analyzer. The program can use third party VST plug-ins to process in real-time audio signals. Effect can also be used to process the recorded signal in real-time so that the computer can act as a multi-effects device. MIDI tracks can be imported end exported to regular MIDI files, and edited using the built in piano-roll based MIDI editing window. The program supports VSTi instruments plug-ins for sample accurate software MIDI playback. All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed "on the fly" during playback. Volume and pan evolution can be programmed by drawing on the timeline window. When all the tracks have been recorded and all the settings are correct you can mix-down the final song to CD or create, using the built-in mp3 encoder, an mp3 version to distribute through the Internet. A native 64 bit version is available which exploits the full power of 64 bit processing (10.6.x Snow Leopard or later required for the 64 bit version).
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Compose music with multitrack sequencing capability.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Capture audio from external audio sources with a completely new...
- Plays all your audio files including iklax multitrack.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Interactive and multitrack audio format music creation software...
- Record your guitar with effects and drums.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Digital video editing system.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Convert video between popular formats and enjoy an enhanced pla...
- Bongiovi DPS makes everything sound better! Use DPS to make you...
- Play and edit tabulatures for 4- to 8- string instruments easil...
- Relax as you listen to the easy sounds of virtual wind chimes.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Fast and effective, very good for recording"
Version: n-Track 0.3.0 Beta
Loads fast and gets the job done. Simple user interface.
Few plugins included but sees VST plugins installed on the system
A very good tool for recording and mixing tracks
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content