CNET Editors' review
Both aspiring disc jockeys and those looking to experiment with music may have trouble finding a way to work with digital audio files. ItDJ for Mac accurately simulates a DJ's equipment using digital media.
ItDJ for Mac comes in its full form as freeware, with no payments required for additional features. The program installed fairly well, but one additional download for playing certain audio files was required before it completed. Upon starting, ItDJ immediately synced up with iTunes to make the digital music files available. The interface would be confusing for anyone who isn't already familiar with the standard functions of DJ equipment or the terminology used. A beginner's manual would have been a welcome addition to the program, but after playing around with it for several minutes, basic operations became clear.
At first, the program functioned well, but after a few minutes and without explanation, it stopped producing sound. The only solution was to restart the program, but this did solve the issue. Despite appearing to be a simple program, it took up a lot of CPU power, and the cooling fan ran noticeably higher. Overall, the sound output was good and the program functioned as expected, albeit with a few bugs.
Despite being freeware with limited support, ItDJ for Mac works well and allows mixing of digital audio, although professionals may want to search for a more stable, fully functional program.
itDJ is powerful DJ software built on a Mac, for a Mac. It includes a beautiful user interface which is powered by robust and versatile backend processing.
What's new in this version: Various updates and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Mix the music.
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Digital video editing system.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Edit music, voice, and other audio recordings.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Play a wide range of audio files at variable speed to assist wi...
- Integrated suite of programs for implementing TeX.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Calculates probability of z, t, F, chi-square values.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content