conStiX is a simple program to combine images, add text and attach composition as custom icon to desktop items such as folder. It is cooperated with the Finder's services, so that you can select "Open iconStiX" in the Finder's contextual menu.
What's new in this version:
- A menu item "Copy Selected" is added under "Edit".
- Effect options are modified. Note:"Shine (darker)" is effectual with light-colored objects in comparison to "Shine".
- Bug fix by multiple selection and several other internal adjustments for smoother operations. (v.2.3.2 will be available at the App Store as well after the review is done there.)
More Products to Consider
- Menu bar extension like the classic Apple menu.
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Customize the appearance and behavior of your Mac.
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Set a different desktop picture for each Space.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Get fast access to applications, documents, folders, and disks.
- Get iOS-type reverse scrolling for OS X.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Administration of software projects.
- Have a single place in your hard-drive to organize your baKno g...
- Deal tracker for several Backcountry.com sites.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Find, remember, and learn menu shortcuts.
- Determine various motoring costs, mpg and much more.
- Menu extras: CPU, disk, memory & network monitoring.
- Original & exclusive wallpapers designed by artists from around...
- Edit your images with simple and powerful tools.
- Menu extra that switches the desktop's contents.
- Clipboard manager.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Extremely useful, but has some annoying bugs"
Version: iconStiX 2.3.1
I use this every day all day to create customized folders on my Mac with varying shapes and images, some of which I create myself, some of which I get from photos I have taken, and many of which employ images that I have found on the web, and many of which combine all of the foregoing elements.
(1) The program quits frequently and when it restarts, the folders or other images that I have created are frequently fuzzy until I reboot the computer. This does not interfere much with the functionality of the program (unless it cuts out in the middle of creating a folder, which it sometimes does), but the annoyance of having to look at fuzzy images means that I probably reboot my computer 6 or 7 times a day when I would otherwise have no reason at all to reboot. (2) The other main problem is that the folders don't "travel" well. That is to say, when I email them to anybody (including myself) the images are usually stripped out when the email is received. I really wish I knew how to make my newly customized folders more "robust", so that would not happen.
Overall, I love this software. However, I am increasingly bothered by the buggy qualities that I have outlined above. It is noteworthy that this buginess has persisted over several versions and I experience on several different machines on which I have used it. It is very inexpensive, and given the amount that I use it, I would gladly pay more for it, if Trollin (or anybody else) could get these annoying bugs to go away.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content