conStiX is a simple program to combine images, add text and attach composition as custom icon to desktop items such as folder. It is cooperated with the Finder's services, so that you can select "Open iconStiX" in the Finder's contextual menu.
What's new in this version:
- Internal revision to replace all the methods deprecated in OSX v.10.9 (or earlier).
- Color space option (generic RGB or sRGB) and possibility to adjust gamma. Note: these settings are relevant to the created icons only. Selecting sRGB, you may need to make them lighter to match with what you see in the editor.
- Possible to copy (??C) & paste the selected objects as they are between iconStiX documents. Note: normal copy (?C) makes one image of all the objects. See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Administration of software projects.
- Deal tracker for several Backcountry.com sites.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Edit your images with simple and powerful tools.
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Printable journal with multiple sections and styles.
- Tidy your whole Desktop into a clean folder.
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Create effective graphs from data and expressions.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Extremely useful, but has some annoying bugs"
Version: iconStiX 2.3.1
I use this every day all day to create customized folders on my Mac with varying shapes and images, some of which I create myself, some of which I get from photos I have taken, and many of which employ images that I have found on the web, and many of which combine all of the foregoing elements.
(1) The program quits frequently and when it restarts, the folders or other images that I have created are frequently fuzzy until I reboot the computer. This does not interfere much with the functionality of the program (unless it cuts out in the middle of creating a folder, which it sometimes does), but the annoyance of having to look at fuzzy images means that I probably reboot my computer 6 or 7 times a day when I would otherwise have no reason at all to reboot. (2) The other main problem is that the folders don't "travel" well. That is to say, when I email them to anybody (including myself) the images are usually stripped out when the email is received. I really wish I knew how to make my newly customized folders more "robust", so that would not happen.
Overall, I love this software. However, I am increasingly bothered by the buggy qualities that I have outlined above. It is noteworthy that this buginess has persisted over several versions and I experience on several different machines on which I have used it. It is very inexpensive, and given the amount that I use it, I would gladly pay more for it, if Trollin (or anybody else) could get these annoying bugs to go away.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content