Simply put, lens filter is one of the most powerful and versatile effect plug-ins for iMovie youÃ?â??ll come across. In the Old Days(TM), people (usually pros, but nowadays casual users as well) used translucent colored pieces of glass in front of their cameras to alter the light that enters the camera. This allows them to achieve dramatically better looking footage, as well as establishing color schemes. Using these filters was (and is) so common, that their name has carried over to iMovie Ã?Â effects were called Ã?â??filtersÃ?â??, and throughout AppleÃ?â??s documentation (for developers) an effect is still called a filter.
One of the most common, and basic filter (and one that everyone should have) is the skylight filter (a slightly pink filter) which makes the skin tone look much warmer. Likewise, blue filters are used when shooting indoors to counter-act strong incandescent light.
Also very often used (especially with moving media), are graduated filters. you will definitely have seen the effect of such a filter, even though you might not have noticed it. They are most commonly employed when shooting outdoors to make the sky look blue (which is usually doesnÃ?â??t because the sky emits too much light, and turns out to be white on film/digital media).
Our lens filter plug-in can create this (and millions of other) effects after you have shot the movie, allowing you to correct some, and enhance most of your clips. Because of the freedom digital medium (and iMovie) gives you in post-production/processing, Ã?â??lens filterÃ?â?? can create effects that you canÃ?â??t create in the field. Furthermore, since iMovie allows you to undo a filter effect, you can experiment with filter at your leisure Ã?Â not while your cast and crew (or mother-in-law) is waiting.
More Products to Consider
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Versatile DJ music mixer.
- Collection of plugins for iMovie 2.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Add some cool plug-ins to your full version of iMovie 2.0.1.
- Listen to free Internet radio.
- Film-style transitions for iMovie.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- IMovie transitions.