From Plum Amazing:
iKey is an essential utility and incredibly powerful tool for OS X that can eliminate repetitive actions. iKey allows creation of shortcuts that perform an action or sequence of actions each of which can be launched by key combinations or menu or event. This easy to use macro/automation utility can save time, typing and hundreds of clicks everyday. Avoid carpal tunnel, get more accomplished and have fun with iKey. An excellent manual written by Adam Engst is included. iKey lets you create shortcuts which can run an action based on: a keyboard equivalent or click from any usb mouse, trackball, gamepad and keyboard (mighty mouse, xkeys, contour mouse, shuttle pro, usb devices from kensington, microsoft, logitech, etc.), and/or an item of a menu and/or a programmed time/date.
What's new in this version:
- [Add] - new and better icons and graphics by italian artist michele zamparo.
- [Add] - some fixes.
- [Mod] - updated the documentation.
- [Add] - versions for shareware and for the mac app store.
More Products to Consider
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- View Outlook .msg email and contact files on Mac.
- Google, Skype, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, Jabber, Facebook, SMS, Fax, and...
- Copy to, move to, or open a recently used mailbox.
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- Display, edit, manipulate and archive multiple clips.
- Access your Infusionsoft data from Apple Mail.
- Set hotkeys to trigger macros and type text.
- Add DSP effects to any Mac application with audio content.
- Add functionality for Apple Mail signatures.
- Get info tool with batch mode & contextual menu.
- Auto record Skype phone and video calls.
- Intelligently reminds to you include e-mail attachments if you ...
- Assign your hotkeys.
- Solitaire game.
- Generate short links for Twitter by dragging media to your menu...
- Macro software to automate any task.
- Instant messaging tool.
- Speed up the Finder with keyboard shortcuts.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 142 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Easy, saves time, say goodbye to RSI!"
Version: iKey 2.5.1
Saves loads of time, makes life a lot easier, great for people who want efficiency and ergonomics. I run a music production website (MacAbleton), I teach people how to produce using just one finger and no mouse, and I feature iKey as a central app.
None really. It doesn't have MIDI, but I use Bomes if I want to trigger iKey commands from MIDI controllers.
Why trash your wrist messing around with a mouse all day when you can use one finger to hit a couple of keys in sequence? iKey combined with Apple's Sticky Keys, Bomes if you make music, and KeyRemap is at the heart of easy computing as far as I'm concerned. Tutorials on my site for all these by the way (am I allowed to say that?)
Version: iKey 2.5.1
Much cheaper than the $60 Quickeys which I have used for years, but Quickeys does NOT work with Lion.
Takes a very minimal amount of getting used to, but once you create a few shortcuts, it is a snap.
Excellent and simple app, plus priced just right.