English/English.To mark the 30th anniversary of the publication of the first edition, Collins is proud to announce a major new edition of its flagship dictionary with over 405 000 entries. Updated with the latest terms to enter the language, Collins English Dictionary is not only comprehensive and authoritative, but also offers outstanding coverage of world, regional and dialect English. Collins English Dictionary is a rich source of words for everyone who loves language. This new 30th anniversary edition includes the latest words to enter the English language as well as a wide range of biographical entries. Usage notes give advice on using the right word in the right place, and thousands of etymologies trace the roots of modern English. The dictionary includes a supplement on words on the cusp of entering the languag. All definitions, examples, idioms, and usage notes are based on the Collins Corpus unrivalled and constantly updated 2.5 billion-word database of today's English - making it an authoritative and up-to-the-minute reference source.
What's new in this version: Version 4.1:
- Alpha Search
- Windows 7 compability
- Harper Collins
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Get definitions, audio pronunciations, synonyms, antonyms & exa...
- Learn and improve your English vocabulary by listening to spoke...
- Refer to an English dictionary and thesaurus on your computer w...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Get English word definition and synonyms in any application you...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Find medical terminology definitions by search or glossary.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Translate Russian words into Italian words and vice versa with ...
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Dictionary contains about 68 000 entries and 240 000 translatio...
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 123 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Download just didn't work on Windows 7"
Version: iFinger Collins English Dictionary 4.1
I've used this product before and it's very convenient with a good range synonymns and antonymns - if you can get it to load.
The Collins spoken pronounciation dictionary (which originally cost me about $60) and iFinger are quite good, easily accessible and comprehensive dictionaries but are a cow to load on to new computers. I've wasted hours on this product and its shop-purchased (more featured equivalent) trying to get them to load. On this basis I'd steer clear of Collins' computer products.
Good handy dictionary if it works - a big "if".