CNET Editors' review
iConcertCal is a free plug-in for iTunes that scans your music library and then gives you an up-to-date calendar of live shows in your area based on those artists. iConcertCal can help you track upcoming shows and CD releases, as well as buy show tickets and CDs. You can also export your custom concert calendar to iCal (now even in Snow Leopard), and share it with friends.
iConcertCal is designed as a "visualizer" for iTunes--a tool that usually displays colorful light shows along with your music--but you view iConcertCal in the same way. iConcertCal doesn't always guess your location correctly (it uses your IP address), but you can change that in your settings--and you also have the option of specifying a more limited subset of artists that you want iConcertCal to follow, by creating a special playlist. The primary intent of the developers behind iConcertCal is to promote live music--so you get a lot of value here for a free app, making this a must for any live music fan. iConcertCal can also now sync up with iConcertCal for iPhone, so that recommendations are based on your entire library, not just the music on your iPhone.
iConcertCal is a free iTunes plug-in that monitors your music library and generates a personalized calendar of upcoming concerts in your city. iConcertcal integrates seamlessly with iTunes and works for both Macs and PCs.
What's new in this version: Version 2.9 is released to stay compatible with iTunes version 10.0.
More Products to Consider
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Share your iTunes music library and access other iCommune music...
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Manage iTunes remotely.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Smart mailboxes for your contacts.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- It looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Mix the music.
- Streamlined music player with a Twitter-like interface.
- Restores 'opposite corners' shutdown shortcut for new aluminum ...
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Can't handle large libraries"
Version: iConcertCal 2.6
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Can't handle large libraries. Bummer
Version: iConcertCal 2.5
Finds shows even at small, out of the way venues
Links to purchase tickets from calendar page
Can't think of anything
"This is the best thing to ever happen to iTunes."
Version: iConcertCal 2.2
Works just as advertised. Shows a list of upcoming concerts for the bands that I like.
This program is cool but it seems like it would be much better if I had it on my iPhone. I guess the good news is that according to their website it looks like it might be coming soon...
I go to see a lot of live shows and this little plug-in is exactly what I have been looking for! Nice work.