From Rob DuToit Frames:
iCleanLanguage is a simple application that safely removes unwanted localizations, or language files, from your Macintosh computer. On OSX, these files can take up as much as 4 GB of space and, unless you wish to run your Mac in these languages, they are unnecessary. iCleanLanguage does this by scanning for these files and then selectively removing them. iCleanLanguage is different from similar applications because it allows you to remove files from specific locations or applications, gives a full report at the end of a session, allows you to exclude certain applications and folders, and can be used in "Dry Run" mode. It can also be used as a drop box to clean newly downloaded apps.
What's new in this version:
- Adds compatibility with OS 10.7, Lion.
- Adds new language files.
- Now excludes all Adobe, Microsoft, and Quick Time apps by default.
- Clearer Interface
- Several overall code improvements and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Multifunctional utility for Mac OS X.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Versatile file search tool based upon Apple's powerful Spotligh...
- Make simple changes to a single object, and then repeat those c...
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Incorporates many useful tasks into one menu bar app.
- Assign your hotkeys.
- Remove e-mail directly from the mail server.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Synchronize and back up your files/folders.
- Spotlight GUI for Leopard.
- Search for, uninstall applications and more.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Rotating wide-angle video cube.
- Drag-and-drop app uninstaller that also lets you select from a ...
- Manage system and user services on your Mac.
- Magnify a portion of the screen.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Version 1.4 not compatible with 10.8"
Version: iCleanLanguage 1.4
Can clean just one application or a single folder.
Doesn't work under 10.8
I've used it on previous OS and it works very well.
"Removing languages screws up Adobe"
Version: iCleanLanguage 1.4
Frees up disk space.
My experience with removing languages is that it screws up Adobe.
Use at your own risk
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content