From Rob DuToit Frames:
iCleanLanguage is a simple application that safely removes unwanted localizations, or language files, from your Macintosh computer. On OSX, these files can take up as much as 4 GB of space and, unless you wish to run your Mac in these languages, they are unnecessary. iCleanLanguage does this by scanning for these files and then selectively removing them. iCleanLanguage is different from similar applications because it allows you to remove files from specific locations or applications, gives a full report at the end of a session, allows you to exclude certain applications and folders, and can be used in "Dry Run" mode. It can also be used as a drop box to clean newly downloaded apps.
What's new in this version:
- Adds compatibility with OS 10.7, Lion.
- Adds new language files.
- Now excludes all Adobe, Microsoft, and Quick Time apps by default.
- Clearer Interface
- Several overall code improvements and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Remove apps, data, and other unnecessary junk.
- Data recovery software.
- File sharing app that makes it simple to manage, protect and sh...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Position 2 finder windows over each other.
- Control which app will open files with various criteria.
- Disk Speed Test is an easy to use tool to quickly measure and c...
- Tool to convert 3DMF text files to binary files.
- Monitor your computer, from memory usage to Bluetooth status.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Simple way to quickly manage tasks and resource usage on your M...
- Warns of ATA drive failure before it happens.
- Manage partitions of Mac OS X.
- Incorporates many useful tasks into one menu bar app.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Version 1.4 not compatible with 10.8"
Version: iCleanLanguage 1.4
Can clean just one application or a single folder.
Doesn't work under 10.8
I've used it on previous OS and it works very well.
"Removing languages screws up Adobe"
Version: iCleanLanguage 1.4
Frees up disk space.
My experience with removing languages is that it screws up Adobe.
Use at your own risk
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content