eBook Library supports speed reading plus an eBookshelf. You can practice your speed reading skills using plain text eBook files with speeds between 50 wpm and 1500 wpm. Reading speed is set using four ranges (very slow, slow, medium, and fast) and a slider is provided to adjust the speed within each range. Speed settings are saved between sessions. Any plain text file may be used but eBook text files can be downloaded free from the internet. The user should copy just the eBook text (do not include text before or after the actual book text), paste into a NotePad (or equivalent) file and save as plain text with Unicode UTF-8 encoding. This file is then used as a source file. Select this source by clicking on the "Choose New Source" button and navigating to the file. The line number of the line being displayed is shown together with the total number of lines in the source text file. You can pause and continue at any time. If you do not finish reading a text file, eBook Library will remember the last line read and provide this information when you relaunch to continue reading. In that case, you would click on the "Use Last Source" button to load text saved during the previous session after parsing. You may start reading at the beginning or at any line. You may select automatic or manual scrolling. The estimated time to finish is displayed. When you first launch eBook Library, a folder titled "eBookshelf" is added to your Documents folder. The eBook menu includes a menu pick to help you find free eBooks on the internet, a menu pick to load a file from your eBookshelf and another menu pick to let you save a parsed text file to your eBookshelf. An eBook loaded from your eBookshelf appears in the display almost immediately. A Help window is available. Note that pressing the "Spacebar" is treated the same as pressing the "Enter/Return" key.
What's new in this version: Version 7.1.0 reduces the time to parse new book text.
More Products to Consider
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Display subliminal messages on your desktop.
- Learn to read faster.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn to read any text file at five times your normal reading s...
- Find, purchase, transfer, and read eBooks.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Master the technique of speed reading with understanding.
- Manage and read book with your own bookshelf.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Learn languages, memorize text, and more with information that ...
- Download Google Books to PDF format file.
- Use animated objects to teach children the phonics method of re...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Download and read Google Books on your desktop.
- Construct and solve crossword puzzles.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Read ebooks on your Windows personal computer.
- Improve your reading speed and vocabulary.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Learn states, capitals, and other facts about the USA.