CNET Editors' review
Printer-based freeware PDF utilities like Softland's doPDF Free are unobtrusive yet flexible and a great choice for the home office, small business, and individual user. You just have to click the Print command in any application, and then select the program from your list of installed printers. Instead of printing out your converted document, the program saves it as a PDF. You can set basic output options like document size and resolution, but doPDF is designed to be as simple and lightweight as possible.
Although doPDF works like a print driver, it installs normally like any Windows program. During the installation process, you have the option to set doPDF as your default printer, which can be handy for business PCs that are mostly used to generate electronic documents such as invoices and purchase orders. You can also set up the program with a wide range of languages, too -- all of them or as many as you need. When the installer finished, doPDF's Startup window opened, along with a tutorial on the program's Web site. The Startup window is an ultra-simple conversion wizard with a browsing file entry field and Create, Help, and Close buttons. Clicking Help opens a fairly substantial Help file, but doPDF prints all the instructions you need right on the dialog. You can open the Startup window from doPDF's Start Menu entry, but the easiest way to use the program is by clicking Print and selecting doPDF from your list of printers. That's also how you access the program's minimal settings, via the Printing Preferences and Print Properties for doPDF under Devices and Printers. The program's properties sheet includes a button linking to a paid upgrade that offers more features than doPDF Free.
We created PDFs with doPDF by choosing the Print command from an open document and by opening the Startup window. Clicking Save opens a Save File dialog with several options, including whether to create small files or maximize image quality; there's also an option to open the finished product in your PDF reader. For simple PDF conversions, doPDF is all that many users need.
doPDF Free PDF Converter convert documents to searchable PDF files from any Windows application. It installs as a printer driver and helps you generate the PDF files by simply selecting the "print" command from any application (you can convert your Word documents, Excel sheets, PowerPoint presentations, AutoCad drawings, company's reports, contracts, workflows, agreements, marketing plans, forms, products list, price list, charts, emails or web pages). The resulted PDF files can be viewed on any computer with a PDF viewer (reader) installed. doPDF has a lot of features that allows you to modify the paper size, modify the resolution (from 72 to 2400 dpi), change page orientation (portrait, landscape), and change the quality settings.
What's new in this version: Version 7.3.398 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Convert any type of documents to PDF, and convert PDF back to e...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- View AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views to JPEG ima...
- Create and transform your DOC files into PDF format.
- Get started quickly and stay on track, whether you're creating ...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Convert any printable document into PDF file.
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Install a shared printer on a server, thus makes clients create...
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Convert TIFF files to PDF document.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Enable any Windows application to create PDF files.
- Convert PDF documents into Microsoft documents.
- Convert Word documents to PDF format.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Convert PDF file between different versions for compatibility p...
- Deliver professional PDF communications; share information more...
- Convert PDF, HTML, office documents to plain text.
- Convert Microsoft Word documents to PDF format.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 623 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"better choice for pdf to ms office and ms office to pdf"
Version: doPDF Free PDF Converter 7.3.398
pdf to word, pdf to excel are just accurate. excel to pdf is utmost perfect,
Encrypted files need password.Now finally, I am settled with another similar tool named PDF Converter:
accurate conversion from pdf to doc, docx, xml and rtf
word to pdf is correct.
excel to pdf is complete
better tool for ms office users