CNET Editors' review
This program aims to let you set up shortcuts to your favorite files, folders, programs, and URLs, but we encountered a couple of rather serious operational glitches during testing.
Lacking customization pleasantries to doll up its dreary presentation, dLauncher adds a shortcut toolbar to your desktop. You can position the bar on the top or bottom of the screen and easily add shortcuts by dragging and dropping icons to it. Options to display your system's uptime and IP address are available, and we like that users can organize shortcuts into groups and assign hot keys. The program is easy enough to use and is quite effective at organizing and managing shortcuts.
However, some of the shortcuts failed to launch during testing. We weren't able to figure out how Text Send, Mail, and Command options work, and labels under the Mail setup tab contain a string of question marks. To our dismay, you'll need to speak Russian to benefit from its Help file. Overall, anyone seeking a reliable and aesthetically pleasing program launcher should look elsewhere.
From de Software:
dLauncher is a simple, easy to use program launcher. A good alternative to the Windows Start Menu. It provides quick access to your favorite programs, shortcuts, folders, documents, and Web sites. You can create program groups, customize the list of items to include, set several item attributes. dLauncher allows you to launch your favorite programs using a simple menu from the system tray, panel, and shortcuts.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Launch your favorite programs, files, and folders.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Track and quickly relaunch your most recently run programs.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Access hidden programs and applets inside your system.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Manage and enhance windows on your desktop.
- Add a collection of various utilities to your computer system.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Listen to online radio using Windows Media Player.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Display and manage the Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock sta...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Get easy access to all your files and folders.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Launch programs, send e-mail, and cruise the Web.
- Free space on your taskbar by minimizing windows to icons in yo...
- Create custom menus for your autorun CDs and applications.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...