CNET Editors' review
Zamzom is designed to block access to Web sites. Enter any Web sites that you want to block, and Zamzom will prevent access to them. It also keeps a log of Web sites visited.
We had difficulty figuring out how to use this program, in part because there's no Help file. When we first ran Zamzom, we didn't realize that it's designed to run from the toolbar and not from your PC's programs menu. Once it opened, we entered Web sites into the Block list. Attempting to access the blocked sites brought up a message that the browser was unable to establish a connection, so we assume that the blocking process was working. The program keeps a Screen File log and a Log file list of sites accessed. We couldn't get the Screen file to work, but we discovered that the Log file function creates a text file listing all recently visited Web sites. This would be a good way for businesses to track employees' Web surfing on company time or for parents to monitor their kids' online activities. Zamzom claims to offer a way to e-mail the results of these logs, but we couldn't figure out how to get that feature to work. This program really needs a Help file.
Zamzom is freeware. For a free application, it does a good job of tracking and blocking Web activity. The lack of clear instructions is vexing, though, and there are probably easier-to-use options available.
Are your children spending too much time on the computer? Zamzom control is design to give you the opportunity to protect you and your computer from unnecessary use like poker, porn. Zamzom control is a freeware that give you the opportunity to: block website (url or ip address); alert you by e-mail when your computer starts; inform you of which program that have been used; inform you of which web sites that have been visited.
More Products to Consider
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Restrict access to Web sites.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Filter and block improper Web sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Prevent children/employees from accessing inappropriate Web sit...
- Filter access to the Web easily and securely.
- Protect your family online, block harmful content, and control ...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Prevent your children from accessing adult-oriented Web sites.
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Control the time your child spends on the computer.
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Assist in developing user interface processes.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Manage access to programs, Web pages, and files.
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Control the Content Advisor in Internet Explorer.
- Block adult contents and monitor all computer activities.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Zamzom 01.03.09
Easy to install, displays info about your IP, MAC.
First scan showed another IP and MAC but when 'computer name' is clicked it asks for $12.50 to upgrade to premium.
Since knowing the computer name is the prime factor in determining a network interloper, not upgrading to 'premium' makes the free version nearly useless. I'd have rather paid $12.50 up front than made to feel I was being lured into upgrading, and taking this tactic as an insult to my intelligence, instead of upgrading, I uninstalled.
"easy-to-use tool parental software"
Version: Zamzom 01.03.09
I like the action where it alert me by mail when the computer starts
I think the layout can be impoved