ZOC is a professional telnet or Secure Shell (SSH) client and terminal emulator that consolidates connectivity to all your text based servers and remote gear under one roof.
Functions like tabbed sessions, versatile host directory, scripting and rock-solid implementations of emulations make it the preferred tool for users who access Unix shell accounts or IBM mainframes as well as for technicians who need to configure routers or program microcontrollers.
Linux admins will feel like sitting on their native console with ZOC's support for Xterm colors and Xterm mouse, user defined layouts, meta-keys, local typing and local printing.
ZOC offers emulations like like Xterm, VT100, VT220, TN3270 and TN5250, Ansi-BBS and Ansi-SCO, TVI or Wyse as well as major file transfer protocols like SCP, X-, Y- Z modem as well as Kermit.
More advanced features are a scripting language with over 200 commands, complete redefinition of the keyboard, automatic invocation of macros, a host directory that can be shared over the network to name just a few.
What's new in this version: Some small bugs fixed.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Manage records of your trapping activities.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Dynamic IP configurator for LANs and WIFI.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Transfer files between FTP and SFTP servers with ease.
- Achieve new levels of Internet productivity, flexibility, and c...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"Very professional piece of software, good support..."
Version: ZOC Terminal 6.49
Looks very modern (not like some ported 80's piece of 16bit terminal) and well laid out. Haven't had a single bug (one incident when I thought it was one, wasn't and the issue was quickly solved and explained by support). Can use on both MacOS and Windows with one license.
Can be confusing at first ... e.g. hard to find the options you need among those you don't. A bit on the expensive side.
Not exactly a bargain, but fair value for the price if you're willing to pay for quality rather than making compromises in order to use something free.
"Does the job ....and nicely"
Version: ZOC Terminal 6.20
It's well thought out for day to day use, e.g. you can practically reach every function with keyboard or keyboard shortcuts. The thumbnail overview for multiple sessions is helpful too.
It took me a while to find my way around the many options.
Although there are free and less expensive emulators out there, overall I think it's well worth the price because it feels like it's made for people who use software like this every day. Also, it's a bit like WinWord ... it has way more features than you need, but still nobody uses WordPad.
"Modern SSH/Telnet Client with all the features"
Version: ZOC Terminal 6.08
Connecting to all types of hosts (Linux, IBM, Cisco gear) within one app, even at the same time. Fast with low memory and disk footprint. Clean modern looks
With the many options, it's sometimes hard to find the one you need.
"Professional's power SSH/Telnet/Serial Term Program"
Version: ZOC Terminal 6.08
Great for professional Unix/Linux/Cisco Admins.
SSH, Telnet, Named Pipes, or RS-232 connections.
SCP, Zmodem, Ymodem, Xmodem, Kermit, even over TCP/IP.
Session activity indicators.
Send the same command to every open session.
Hard to say - this is the best term program out of a dozen that I've used over the years.
For me, Zoc is a productivity tool in my daily work as a SysAdmin. Hotkeys, macros, and the buit in REXX scripting language help me stay on top of 100+ network devices. I can monitor activity on a half dozen systems at once, using the traffic indicators built into the tabbed interface. If I need details about a CLI session from 6 months ago, I can get them from the logfiles that Zoc can automatically record to disk.
Zoc can even be used in unattended mode, where it can be invoke a macro or REXX script to accomplish tasks at any time, unattended. Monitor the results of these unattended sessions by consulting Zoc's log files.
I think that every Solaris, Linux, HpUX, AIX, Cisco administrator, or serious terminal mode gamer should have Zoc as their term program.
"The best Terminal, Telnet, SSH client in the world."
Version: ZOC Terminal 5.07
Clean layout. Tons of options. Great support for industry standards. Fast. Reliable. This program is the benchmark by which all other client applications should be measured.
Beginners will need to read the very useful documentation and help links. The high price of licensing, after 30 days, is offset by a banner prompt that allows you to continue using the program if you can live with the minor annoyance.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content