CNET Editors' review
World Ticker is an invaluable tool for anyone with clients in other time zones, especially if they are halfway across the world. By adding clocks from various regions to your menu bar, you can easily keep track of the time in any of a few hundred locations around the globe, and with the number of settings installed with the app, you can manage how it is displayed with ease.
Installation of World Ticker requires you to unpack a DMG and move it to your Applications folder. If you are using Mountain Lion, you'll need to authorize the app, as it is not distributed via the App Store. Once this is done, however, the app moves to your menu bar where you can turn it on permanently and then install each of your world clocks. Adding new clocks is easy, and allows you to choose from a couple hundred options on the drop-down menu. You can then select how the time displays, whether it is labeled, and how it will interact with you and your work. It's mostly a display tool, but it's a well-made one.
If you work with anyone overseas, are constantly forgetting what time it is in different cities, or just enjoy seeing what time it is in places far from where you are, World Ticker will do the trick. It's not a particularly advanced tool but it does exactly what it advertises and it runs quietly in the background while you work.
From Binary Beliefs:
World Ticker is a free OSX tool that allows a user to display the time from different timezones in the status bar. Adding and removing clocks to or from the OSX status bar is as easy as checking a box in the control panel. You can easily change the look and feel of your clocks depending on your personal taste. World ticker is very low on system resources.
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Intelligently brings notifications from Growl into Notification...
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Alter hidden features in OS X.
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Get an Office Clock styled widget for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Brings user-controlled mashups to your FireFox browser.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Takes your Apple Remote further.