CNET Editors' review
WordInn Dictionary 2010 is a free dictionary program that offers definitions and phonetic and spoken pronunciations of unfamiliar words. While you're browsing the Web, communicating with friends, or just using software locally installed on your PC, you're apt to encounter unfamiliar words now and again. You can simply click on them to open WordInn for definitions, pronunciations, synonyms, translations, and more.
During its setup process, WordInn asked us to give a name, e-mail address, and native language, a "one-time" request that supposedly improves our WordInn experience. We're not crazy about submitting an e-mail address to use a piece of freeware, but it appears you have to go through the process to use the program. However, the name and e-mail address we entered won't lead back to us (or anyone at all), and we were still able to use WordInn. With the program active, we simply had to double-click on a word to open WordInn's efficient, two-panel interface, which offers three basic tools: Dictionary, Translator, and Reader. The Dictionary tab offered English and Google dictionaries as well as Google Images and Wikipedia tabs and the ability to pronounce words via Google Voices. The Translator tab displayed text selections in an upper panel and translations in a lower panel. We could select source and destination languages from extensive drop-down lists. The Reader pronounces text selections using the ubiquitous Microsoft Anna as the default voice, though we could add others. There's a slider to vary the speed, too. Skins, Options, and Help buttons round out a simple yet efficient interface.
WordInn Dictionary 2010 is easy to use, too, either by double-clicking a word or by Ctrl-right click. Things appeared quickly, and the definitions, translations, and other services are standard Google functions, so most users will be familiar with them. The program's System Tray icon gave us quick access to all features. The only thing we'd like to see is a pushpin button to keep the interface open when we choose.
WordInn dictionary is an easy-to-use English and multilingual dictionary with Google images and Wikipedia that will definitely make your reading hassle free. When you encounter difficult word while browsing websites online or doing something offline, just press 'Ctrl + Mouse Right Click' on word or 'Double-Click' on word, then Wordinn dictionary will assist you with word's pronunciation with natural human voice, senses, definition, synonyms and example usage.
What's new in this version: Version 2.5.1 includes some enhancements and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Refer to an English dictionary and thesaurus on your computer w...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Translate words from Italian to Armenian and vice versa.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Translate words from German to Armenian and vice versa.
- Solve statistical problems and learn how to deal with them your...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Utilize an English to Hindi dictionary.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Software for electrical & automotive engineering.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Lookup translations, pictures, videos and sounds in online sour...
- Learn and revise your vocabulary.
- Learn and improve your English vocabulary by listening to spoke...
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content