CNET Editors' review
WireTap Anywhere is a professional audio-capture utility that can take input from any source and redirect it to any audio-recording application. That means you can take audio from your entire system, a hardware input, or an app like Skype, and then take that directly into GarageBand, Peak, or any other recording app.
You manage WireTap Anywhere through your System Preferences, and you can create and save any number of "virtual microphones," which show up almost as if they were hardware. There are other apps (including open-source ones) that can help you with this kind of redirection, but WireTap Anywhere excels with its reliability, easy interface, and ability to aggregate any combination of software and hardware inputs into a single virtual device. Though it might not be the best value, WireTap Anywhere is a solid solution to a specific problem.
From Ambrosia Software:
WireTap Anywhere provides you with a professional virtual audio patchbay for your Macintosh. Any program on your computer that generates audio can show up as a virtual audio input device, allowing you to record or process it in any other application that works with audio.
For instance, you could record both sides of a Skype or iChat conversation directly into Peak for editing... or go the other way, and pipe the audio output of ProTools over Skype or iChat for a friend to listen to.
With WireTap Anywhere, your applications are instantly transformed into audio inputs. Record the audio output of any application from within your favorite audio application. Tap your audio -- anytime, anyplace, anywhere.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0 presents exciting new features on the existing rock-solid foundation that audio engineers around the world already depend on. Create virtual input devices with an arbitrary number of channels of audio. Discretely map audio channels from software applications and hardware devices in any combination you choose. Adjust audio levels on a per-channel basis both pre- and post-mix. Preview your audio mix before you ever hit the record button.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Listen to and record web radio.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Record streaming MP3 audio from Shoutcast, Icecast, and other I...
- Find, listen to and record internet radio.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Cocoa wrapper for the Pandora music project.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Play MP3 files.
- Record, edit, mix, convert, and reproduce audio files.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Download random songs from iTunes directly to your PSP handheld...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Listen to music on the Internet with AT&T's new audio player.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Digital video editing system.
- Music creation and audio production.
- IPod-like audio player on your desktop; link your photos with s...
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1