CNET Editors' review
With hackers monitoring passwords, cookies, and browsing, users need all the protection they can get. Wipe claims to offer that protection in such an easy manner anyone can use it.
This freeware advertises its ease and does not disappoint. We have tested several programs that perform the same task and have never used one as simplified as Wipe. The download consists of a screen listing hundreds of programs that may contain personal data you do not want to share. From Windows XP to temporary Internet files, each is displayed with the number of files and the amount of space each takes. Users have the opportunity to deselect a program if they do not wish it wiped, but beyond that there is not much flexibility.
Clicking the "Delete!" button takes users to a friendly screen displaying the program icon that is being cleaned, along with a rapidly changing list of what specific file is being deleted, a tally of the files and space being cleared, and a graph letting users know how much longer they must wait.
Wipe may be frustrating for computer experts looking for a customizable security option, since it keeps things so simple that users are given few choices or settings to change. However, its simplicity is a benefit, as it makes Wipe an effective and simple option for users of all experience levels. We highly recommend this download for anyone looking to enhance security.
This powerful program can remove a lot of gigabytes of garbage on your computer and recover many free disk space. In addition, it will protect your privacy on the Internet - it removes records about personal activity on PC. You will be able to delete browser history and cache, index.dat files, registry, internet cookies files, autocomplete-history, temporary internet files and many many other items. This program also erases any other tracks of personal activity which you made when used your PC, and no matter in which program: Windows, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Opera. To prevent recovery of deleted data the program uses the following security methods: DoD 5220.22-M method, Gutmann method ( full 35 steps ), Russian GOST and other. You can also customize cleaning process and choose which items to remove and which is not. Or you can view detailed information about areas where garbage located on your computer.
What's new in this version:
- Version 2014:
- New function - you can now hide any program from the list. We have added feature so you can completely remove any program from the cleaning list and you wont see it again. And our program will never detect it again. How to use? In the advanced list you'll see link "Options" located on the right side of the program title. Click it and you'll be able to remove selected program from the cleaning list. Of cause you can cancel change by clicking button to restore defaults. ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Prevent recovery of already deleted files and folders.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Create protected disk on your PC which can be locked and unlock...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your computer from unwanted software and boost system p...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Optimize, repair, protect your Microsoft Windows system.
- Manage your work fast and efficiently, create agenda, tasks, le...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Schedule system shutdown for particular time.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 33 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very quick, always updated"
Version: Wipe 2014
I like that with every new release of Chrome or FireFox WIPE keeps updating itself via automatic update. Thus, it always recognize installed programs correctly and clean them. As any other cleaner it is very good in cleanup, have all security algorithms.
Design of the program is not superb
To get main goal - clean garbage and personal tracks WIPE is the best, I think. But as for design. Design not very good.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: