CNET Editors' review
Those working with multiple programs simultaneously may become frustrated if those windows change location and size each time they are used. Window Magician for Mac enables windows to be locked, but its lack of instructions and complicated steps make it hard to operate.
The free trial version of the program works for 15 days and purchasing a full license requires a $19.95 payment. While the download completed quickly, the program required us to activate certain assisting features in the control panel before startup. There are no user instructions or technical support available. The program's menus are easy to navigate, but actually setting window size is complicated. Users must set window sizes and location by pixel length and width, as well as screen location. A situation or rule must then be attached to the window. This requires some trial and error to get it right, although it does function once set up properly. A program log also shows where the rules are applied for easier editing in the future. It would have been helpful if Window Magician for Mac allowed users to move windows to certain spaces and sizes and set them with a button click, but this did not appear to be available from the menus.
Window Magician for Mac's complex setup makes it useful only for those users who are regularly frustrated at having to work with multiple windows.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Window Magician for Mac 1.0.9.
From Koingo Software:
Window Magician helps streamline your user experience and optimize your workflow by automatically resizing and repositioning windows. Create "Window Watchers" to individually process windows with specific titles, from specific applications, and of specific types. Ensure all of your Finder windows are positioned tightly in the most top-left corner of the screen. Ensure your web browser windows are always the same size. Automatically reposition Photoshop's default new document window location. Move all modal dialogs to the center of your screen. Window Magician is a small application which can be configured to launch during login, and sits quietly in the menu bar. Take back control of window management today.
What's new in this version:
- Bug Fix: No longer attempts to reset the login item when quitting/shutting down which was causing it to be permanently lost from Startup items.
More Products to Consider
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Set a different desktop picture for each Space.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Menu bar extension like the classic Apple menu.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Customize the appearance and behavior of your Mac.
- Menu extras: CPU, disk, memory & network monitoring.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Shows windows of open apps bringing selected window to foregrou...
- Elegant, full-screen app and document launcher.
- Snap windows to a grid overlay by drag and drop.
- Hot keys to bring desired app to foreground or run script.
- Forces windows to be full screen when you click the green butto...
- Presentation aid: draw on windows, highlight areas.
- Use screensavers as dekstop background.
- Monitor system for specific events and perform an array of uniq...
- Launch a group of apps.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content