CNET Editors' review
No one likes to pay taxes, eh? Translated from the original Canadian, that reads, "No one likes to pay taxes." While totally lame, our joke hinges on a fact of life for millions of people: They're Canadian. Specifically, they live, work, and pay taxes in Canada, a place so like its noisier neighbor to the south that it's all too easy to forget that lots of things are done differently up there. Such as paying taxes. WinTax Calculator from HRIS Consulting is a free tool for calculating Canadian payroll taxes. It can determine your tax on your salary, bonuses, commissions, and retroactive pay, and not just Federal tax but Provincial, too (including Quebec). It calculates CPP, EI, and other specific taxes and also creates reports. WinTax Calculator also offers user-defined earnings and deductions and saves employee information. The free tool calculates and saves payroll tax information for one user in any province, but paid upgrades are available.
It'd be hard to describe WinTax Calculator's compact user interface as anything but businesslike, but there's no doubt it's a face only a chartered accountant could love. We don't use tax calculators for their aesthetic beauty, though, and WinTax Calculator's tabbed, spreadsheet-like layout takes care of business. A Set Color tool simplified the process of color-coding cells. The program's Setup Wizard and Quick Start guide walked us through four steps: 1) Select "Province of employment"; 2) Select "Number of pay periods"; 3) Enter "Gross income for the period"; and 4) Click "Calc Tax" button. Simple enough, assuming you have all your data handy. WinTax Calculator provides example data and frequent explanations that make everything as easy as it can be, at least where paying your taxes is concerned. Some fields are mandatory, but the calculator covers everything else, or seems to -- only your tax preparer knows for sure! When in doubt, consult the very good Help file.
WinTax Calculator can maintain custom pay periods, verify SIN/Business Numbers, convert Net to Gross, and more. We're glad it's available. If you're tired of seeing plenty of tax tools for the neighbors but none for you, try WinTax Calculator.
From HRIS Consultants:
WinTax is a Canadian payroll tax calculator. WinTax provides users with an easy way to calculate taxes on regular salary, bonus, retroactive pay, and commission. Calculations include CPP, EI, Federal tax, and Provincial tax (including Quebec). WinTax has the following features such as save employee information, easy to understand tax calculation reports, and user definable earnings and deductions. WinTax Calculator can calculate and save payroll tax calculations for one employee for any province.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Make your business more profitable and easier to manage by auto...
- Provide employee time clock software including time tracking, p...
- Calculate elapsed time in regular or military style; plus, add ...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Generate a cash flow statement.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Plan the work of your employees.
- Manage time of your employees and generate automated payroll re...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Automate your entire company and control inventory, invoicing, ...
- Compute net & gross figures & generate printed payslip.
- Replace mechanical time card machine and manage your payroll vi...
- Setup and manage payroll services for your company.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Record leaves of employees along with leave application and lea...
- Manage accounts payable, purchase orders, checking, contacts us...
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1