WinSSHD is an SSH Secure Shell 2 server for Windows platforms. It supports secure remote access via console (vt100, xterm and bvterm supported),Secure remote access via GUI (WinVNC or XP Remote Desktop required),Secure file transfer using SFTP and SCP (compatible with all major clients), and Secure TCP/IP connection tunneling (port forwarding).
What's new in this version: Version 5.59 fixes an issue in the SFTP subsystem which would cause a file transfer session to terminate when a client using SFTP version 4 or higher requests to retrieve access rights for a file that has an empty ACL.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Establish secure TCP/IP tunnel for remote server administration...
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Keep hostnames in DynDNS services up-to-date.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Upload and download files to your FTP resource.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Copy files between a local and a remote PC using an SFTP and SC...
- Stream and transcode media files compaty9le to UPnP/DLNA device...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"More Expensive for Business Use"
Version: WinSSHD 3.31
Quick and easy to install. No-nonsense user interface. It was very easy to get an SFTP server up and running with this.
$39.95 to buy for personal use only. It's $99 for business use.
"The best of several ftp servers that were evaluated"
Version: WinSSHD 3.31
I had 18 hours to evaluate an recommend an FTP server to a client that was going to run it in their DMZ. After evaluating several, it came down to two, and ultimately WinSSHD won out. An FTP server should not be judged on how easily it is administered, as they are typically setup once, then occasionaly users are added or removed. Logging should be automagic, and monitoring should be handled by Windows, not from within the server. This tool has all of the capabilities that you would expect of a high end server, such as: unlimited SSL, SSH, and unsecure users; restrictions that can be granted at the group or user level (or both!); user accounts that are either domain based or virtual; virtual directories to restrict users; etc. In addition to the price, the two things that won me over are (a) the unlimited SSH _AND_ SSL connections, and (b) the ability to run commands when a user logs in, and/or when they log out! This was a perfect solution for my client: the need to leap-frog data through the DMZ without risking the security of the company's infrastructure or the data. Logging made troubleshooting very easy, and once the users are setup, the system runs without any issues.
I would really like to say something, but I haven't found anything wrong with the product - when I do, I will gladly post it here, but it may be a while.