CNET Editors' reviewAh, the world in the palm of your...desktop. A great trivia tool and a boon for geography students, WinGlobe places an interactive digital replica of the Earth, which can be sized and rotated, on your desktop. Moving the cursor over the globe reveals cities and respective latitudes and longitudes. We had some trouble getting population data, however, a feature that's supposed to be included. Another feature gives information about the world's weather, but must be started manually. If you're online, you can jump from a city to a Web site for more fun facts about the specified region. As one would expect, the world is heavy. We had trouble rotating and dragging the globe despite running the program on a 2GHz CPU. Overall, a neat download and fun for those who spend loads of time pouring over maps.
From Dirk Djuga:
Don't be part of the geographically illiterate. This interactive globe sits on your Windows desktop. Click anywhere on the globe to see the name of the country or city, the population, the local time, and the weather. You can make it smaller or larger by dragging its edge with the mouse. To move it around, just grab it in the middle. To make the Earth icon turn, click the spot where you want it to go. It will center on that spot and show the local time on the taskbar.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- View our planet in 3D and get references on countries and citie...
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Bring the interactive globe to your desktop.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- View the time in any location in the world.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Watch the Earth slowly spinning against a backdrop of stars.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Browse the Earth's surface with amazing imagery and extensive g...
- Modify your taskbar time and date setting.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Roam to any corner of Earth in high quality 3D topography visua...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Monitor the constantly changing conditions across the globe.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- View three analog clocks for multiple international time zones.
- Synchronize PC clocks with the U.S. Naval Observatory's master ...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Put a globe with relief image of continents on your desktop.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Really a must for Time Lovers"
Version: WinGlobe 2.1
+ Amazing graphics.
+ Lot of infomation like weather
- atomic clock sync does not work
- There is no option to minimise to tray option.
- Still needs additions to the database.