In Widelands, you are the regent of a small clan. You start out with nothing but your headquarters, where all your resources are stored. In the course of the game, you will build an ever growing settlement. Every member of your clan will do his or her part to produce more resources - wood, food, iron, gold and more - to further this growth. The economic network is complex and different in the three tribes (Barbarians, Empire, Atlanteans).
As you are not alone in the world, and you will meet other clans sooner or later. Some of them may be friendly and future will perhaps bring the possibility to trade with them. However, if you want to rule the world, you will have to train soldiers and fight.
Widelands offers a unique style of play. For example, a system of roads plays the central role of your economy: all the goods that are harvested and processed by the tribe must be transported from one building to the next. This is done by carriers, and those carriers always walk along the roads. It is your job to lay out the roads as efficiently as possible.
Another refreshing aspect of the game is the way you command your clan. There is no need to tell every single one of your subjects what to do - that would be impossible, because there can be thousands of them! Instead, all you've got to do is order them to build a building somewhere, and the builders will come. Similarly, whenever you want to attack an enemy, just place an order to attack one of their barracks, and your soldiers will march to fight. You're really a ruler: You delegate in times of war and in times of peace! Widelands offers single-player mode with different campaigns; the campaigns all tell stories of tribes and their struggle in the Widelands universe! However, settling really starts when you unite with friends over the Internet or LAN to build up new empires together - or to crush each other in the dusts of war. Widelands also offers an Artifical Intelligence to challenge you.
In the end, Widelands will be extensible, so that you can create your own type of tribe with their own sets of buildings. You can create new worlds to play in, and you could even create new types of worlds (who says you can't build a settlement on the moon?).
More Products to Consider
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Play around 100 logic games under single interface.
- Play point and click adventure game on your PC.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Purchase, download, and play video games.
- Help a girl named Amber to find her friend Fio.
- Get the PC client for the online gaming service.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a mystery filled romance game on your computer.
- Diagnose and fix PC problems, enhance security, and optimize PC...
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Create and play jigsaw puzzles on your PC with your own photos ...
- Convert and edit video, burn video on discs, and share video wi...
- Fly, trade, shoot, or steal your way through space on your way ...
- Help Enzo Gabriel to complete his quest and experience a new le...
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Get a command line calculator.
- Play chess on Mario Land board.