The latest version of WebDev (3.0) is an exciting advance in developing and managing large Websites. As more organisations look to integrate existing database applications with the Web for e-commerce applications, putting brochures online and creating archives or exhibitions, for example, WebDev allows you to create dynamic web pages by pulling information from your database whether it is Oracle or Ingres, at one end of the scale, Microsoft Access or SQL or, the popular freeware Mysql. Perhaps you have other large collections you want to put online which are not part of a database: still images, multimedia files? No problem: WebDev automates access to and display of these also. Need a standardised appearance to hundreds of pages to keep the marketing and legal people happy? WebDev's customisable page components take the drudgery out of this for you. Maybe you already built something you are proud of. WebDev allows you to include this as a standard library in all your future projects. Originally developed on, and for, Linux, the Unix variant which has recently found favour with IBM, the Windows client will now work with any Webserver which has the free PHP3 scripting language installed (around 350,000 domains according to February 1999 figures). As Web development increasingly becomes a team activity, the need for users to share and work with server-based documents regardless of their authoring tools, platforms or the types of Web server on which they are stored has been recognised with the new Internet WebDAV standard, already supported by IBM, Microsoft and Xerox. WebDev too offers support for this new distributed authoring standard. Whatever traditionally complex web development task you are attempting: building an on-line catalogue, creating a virtual museum, selling mail-order goods from an electronic brochure or making database contents available to a worldwide audience by intranet or extranet, WebDev makes your task easier and produces a robust application faster and cheaper than was ever possible before.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Website project management and web page editing tool.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Create a user interface for industrial monitoring and process c...
- Create your own Web-database applications.
- Word processing components.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Develop Web database applications on your desktop.
- Provide .NET Web & Cloud application development Framework with...
- Use and manage database servers on your secured Web-based envir...
- Web application & groupware development platform.
- Provide your MySQL database with spread sheet support.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.