CNET Editors' review
WeatherInfo is a simple application that keeps the current conditions and five-day forecast at your fingertips. It's not the most feature-packed weather app we've seen, but if you're looking for a program that can hang out unobtrusively in your system tray and provide you with weather info when you need it, it's not a bad choice.
The program's interface is straightforward and easy to navigate, with tabs dividing it into screens for Current, Forecast, and Options. The Current tab shows a thermometer with the current temperature down the left side, and a text box displays the observation time, current conditions, temperature, relative humidity, wind direction, wind speed, pressure, precipitation, visibility, and cloud cover. The program automatically detected our location, but a map feature didn't seem to work; clicking the Map button opened Google Maps with the coordinates 0,0. The five-day forecast displayed each day's low, high, and description, and the Options tab let us change our location, select metric or imperial units, set the update frequency, and select whether we wanted the program to autostart and/or start minimized. While minimized to the system tray WeatherInfo displays the current temperature, and users can specify the font, color, and transparency used. WeatherInfo's data comes from World Weather Online, which we'd never heard of, but it seemed accurate enough. Overall, WeatherInfo didn't particularly impress us, but it seems like a good way to keep weather data handy and accessible.
WeatherInfo installs and uninstalls without issues.
From Bela Bokor:
Weatherinfo is a simple and free weather data application. You choose a location and you'll get the current conditions and a five days forecast. The location is built in three steps: you must choose a country, a list of cities will appear and after you select the desired city a list of weather stations show up. When the station is chosen you must push the "Set location" button and wait for data to be downloaded. The current temperature will be displayed as a tray icon with customizable font and colors. You can use metric or imperial units. Various weather stations will display different set of data or can be temporarily unavailable, if you're not satisfied try another location.
More Products to Consider
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- View the sky in any city in the world and track local weather.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Keep track of your local weather in real-time.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Find out the current weather conditions and forecasts for locat...
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
- Post local weather condition and temperature for your zipcode.
- Manipulate 2D and 3D data from a variety of sources.
- Get a general purpose programming language on your mechine.
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- View day and night images of the Earth on your desktop.
- Get accurate up-to-the-minute weather information for virtually...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"tres bon programme sur la meteo du lieu ou l'on est"
Version: WeatherInfo 1.4
peu encombrant,veritable station meteo
pas en français
"Not worth the time it takes to download"
Version: WeatherInfo 1.4
Visually appealing - tiny footprint (15mb memory) - very good amount of information, however...
Does not connect to any know resources - does not support cities listed in it database. Very long load time ( about 30 seconds ) while it tries to connect to it's own servers. Long delay when selecting locations.
This software looked appealing, small, and what I was looking for. I was very much disappointed. As with any new program, I monitored the install and the connection to the internet. The software attempts 2 http connections to servers that have no associated domains. After selecting my country, and waiting for it to connect and load the list of cities, and the nearest city (50 miles away) the program then informed me there were no associated weather stations with the selected city. Does NOT use zip code locations for US cities. I selected a city that did have a weather station associate however no data was pulled up - all read outs reported "zero". ANY change to any setting of the programs requires it to connect to the internet - its own servers again - thus causing a delay in the information. The program stops responding while this internet connection is made.
Amateur design. Amateur functionality. Not worth the time it takes to download.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content