CNET Editors' review
FlameBrain's WatchMe is a terrific little timer tool with a twist: it incorporates multiple, independent timers in a single interface, which makes it supereasy to track multiple events. You can track everything from when food should come out of the oven to when it's time to pay the car insurance. WatchMe is portable freeware, too, so you can take it with you on a thumb drive or laptop.
We extracted WatchMe's zipped executable and opened the program. The default interface is a compact rectangle with five separate timers under a tab labeled My Timers, each with its own Start and Reset buttons, counter, and icons to add Notes, delete the timer, and move it up or down in the ranks. Timer 5 had an audible alert option, though we could add an alarm to any Timer via its individual options. The interface also has counters for Total Timers and Total Time and two file menus, Timers and Help. The clear, well-illustrated, Web-based Help file includes support requests and contacts. The Timers menu let us add and name as many new timers as we liked, as well as add and name new tabs to the interface to group timers together. We clicked Options, which opened a small properties box with settings such as always on top, the colors for running and stopped time displays, and the timer format (the default is hours-minutes-seconds). Right-clicking any timer's counter let us set or copy the time, add or subtract time in preset intervals, set hot keys, and flag the timer in a variety of colors. We simply set the time of each individual timer and clicked Start, which started the counter running and changed its background color from red to green.
WatchMe proved totally easy to customize to the needs of the moment. We could keep as few or as many timers open as we wanted, each labeled and annotated so we could tell them apart. If you're looking for a free but capable desktop timer app, look no further.
From Flamebrain Technologies:
WatchMe is a feature-rich timer program that can be used to track time for a number of different tasks or events together or independently of one another. You can create any number of timer or countdownss, give each one name and record additional notes and information about what you are timing - a great solution for those who need to track their time for hourly billing, timesheets and more. Features Include: - Ability to manage multiple timers at once. - Group timers into multiple tabs for easier management. - Give each timer a unique name. - Countdown timers - Display time in a number of formats including fractions of an hour, hours/minutes/seconds, $/hour and more (more formats added in version 2.1.1). - Store notes and comments on each timer. - Quickly copy and paste time into other time tracking programs and billing programs. - Export timers or groups of timers to XML or CSV. - View total time for a grouping of timers. - View total time accumulated across all of your timer. - Timer alerts that can notify you after a set period of time has elapsed. - Receive a warning if there has been no activity in a specified amount of time. - 'Focus Light' help keeps you focused while you work. - API that allows integration with other applications - No install program - just copy the executable and run! - And much more...
What's new in this version: Version 18.104.22.168
- Recent task switches appear when you hover over the focus light (available to "Pro" users only).
- New WCF Service layer that provides other applications the ability to automate and pull data from WatchMe (available to "Pro" users only). See http://www.flamebrain.com/help/wcf-service-layer/ for more information.
- Fixed bug where Alt + F4 wasn't closing the application.
- Ctrl + Shift + ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Save and restore your desktop icon positions.
- Save and restore your desktop icon positions.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Publish your files to web space by establishing connection to F...
- Display custom messages and flash the Scroll or Num Lock lights...
- Manage, view, and search files in a tabbed, dual-pane mode.
- Resizable desktop timer: Count Down, Stopwatch or Alarm Clock m...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Desktop World Clock with world map. Unlimited number of clocks.
- Configure and optimize your system.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Set your alarm clock and replace your standard tray clock using...
- Find, synchronize, and back up your bookmarked sites.
- Listen to your audio files with stylish interface.
- Grab and save objects as they are copied to the Windows Clipboa...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Improve PC's responsiveness and stability via process priority ...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
Version: WatchMe 22.214.171.124.2
it is a good timer program for timing events in games.
loaded gplayer.exe plus at least 3 other game engines on your machine. Loaded ad malware as well. Loaded a pile of games too. Do not download or use this program!
"Easy to see, easy to use,"
Version: WatchMe 126.96.36.199
especially like the ability to click a new timer & have the one automatically pause. Great for taking client calls when working on other projects.
could be smaller
"Great easy time tracking program for work"
Version: WatchMe 188.8.131.52
This program is easy to set up, perfect to time different small jobs during the day and if you switch between jobs. Time the total work time for each job.
Could of course had the option to log each day, but I transfer the timers to another system
Very nice little software!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content