From Michal Eihao:
Wammu is a mobile phone manager that uses Gammu as its backend. It works with any phone that Gammu supports, including many models from Nokia, Siemens, and Alcatel. It has complete support (read, edit, delete, copy) for contacts, todo, and calendar.
It can read, save, and send SMS. It includes an SMS composer for multi-part SMS messages, and it can display SMS messages that include pictures. Currently, only text and predefined bitmaps or sounds can be edited in the SMS composer. It can export messages to an IMAP4 server (or other email storage).
What's new in this version: Version 0.36 contains bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Send pictures to mobile phones via the Internet.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Compose your own custom mobile phone ring tones.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Send SMS messages to Nokia mobile phones.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Manage various types of mobile messages on PC.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Send and receive SMS directly from your PC.
- Send SMS to e-mail addresses, e-mail messages to ICQ, and vice ...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Back up and restore the original settings and information on yo...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Manage your Nokia 8310/8390/8910's phone book from your PC.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Sync between Outlook and your mobile phone.
- Use your computer to make cheap calls, organize video conferenc...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Get control over SMS, Java, games, gallery, logos, ringtones, a...
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Kept crashing/closing when trying to detect phone."
Version: Wammu 0.34
Useless, not recommended period.
"Bluetooth connection crashes this version"
Version: Wammu 0.33
It's a very good software unless you've got to use a bluetooth connection
Versions post 0.31 crash on bluetooth connections
"Simple and effective"
Version: Wammu 0.16
I required to send SMSes from my PC. My phone was stollen, there was long story about it, and I got one of my old backup phones T610 Ericsson. I forgot what soft I use to use 5 years ago...just made search for free package and tried my luck. Well... The package found the phone over bluetooth connection on com40, retrieved all data from the phone and send/recevied SMS with no problem, what-so-ever. Well... for the Free package it works beyond the point of expection.
Only minor. Com port 40 of my bluetooth I had to type in, there no browsing for port was possible.