CNET Editors' review
WPanorama brings scrolling panoramas to your desktop. It can scroll wide-screen panoramic views 360 degrees at selected speeds and along the horizontal or vertical axes. It will display 360-degree panoramic images obtained online or created in JPEG or bitmap format. It adds some interesting visual effects for displaying nonpanoramic images, including slideshow and mirroring tools.
WPanorama's download includes both the image viewer program and a screensaver. Each does much of what the other one does, but with a specific focus. For instance, you can toggle WPanorama's viewer to full-screen mode, producing a stunning effect, or you can set the screensaver to display the same view. However, the executable program offers more control, such as the ability to add descriptions, logos, and music, whereas the screensaver offers more automatic features. We downloaded and expanded the zipped program file, which opened with a default view of the Swiss Alps. The program's layout closely resembles other image viewers, the most noticeable difference being a set of Scroll controls for setting the direction, speed, zoom, increment, and timing of the scrolling action. Clicking the plus or minus signs on the Increment and Timer control gave rough and fine control of the scrolling speed, respectively. We could also choose to hide or display the control panel or toolbar, to make a seamless window view. Next we tried the screensaver, which has its own properties dialog and settings that nonetheless can be accessed from the main program's file menu, a nice touch. This dialog basically collects the most useful settings related to how the main app displays images in one compact interface that is accessible from the screensaver properties. The first thing we noticed was that the scrolling appears slower in full-screen mode. The second thing we noticed was that the view is mesmerizing. The program packs some interesting extras, too, such as the Capture tool, which let us string together bitmap images, and the Movie utility, which can create AVI videos out of the same strings of images. The Advanced menu is packed with still more options.
Whether we used the main app's full-screen mode or the screensaver, we were more than impressed with the stunning display WPanorama offers, not to mention the ability to create your own views.
With WPanorama you can display panoramic pictures by letting them scroll horizontally or vertically on the screen. You can use this software to view the gorgeous.swiss panorama included with the program, the 371 panoramas available on this site or your own pictures in .jpg or .bmp format.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Turn your picture into beautiful video.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, and funny backgrou...
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Create a slideshow of the opened tabs in your browser.
- Create your own screensaver slide show.
- Add desktop effects and enjoy jokes with your friends.
- Display a 3D model of the solar system on your desktop.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Watch more than 500 wacky and unusual facts appear in 3D on you...
- Showing disabled pictures by just clicking them.
- Create page transition, page advance time, and background music...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: WPanorama 9.6.1
Brilliant display. Great access to wonderful panoramas of Switzerland, etc.
Rather odd setup screens. Help screen for screensaver very tough to read. Should be available on website.
"Really useful program for photographers and presenters"
Version: WPanorama 9.4.2
Easy to install and intuitive to operate. Stunning display capability for panoramic photos (try Microsoft ICE free download for stitching photos together before displaying them in WPanorama). Program works flawlessly and is highly configurable.
None that I can think of.
WPanorama has huge potential uses - presentations will come to life. Think of the times that you have photographed a stunning landscape with a series of adjoining pictures, the interior of a house, a linear streetscape or an object. This program will display the results with full control of speed and other attributes.