VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). VirtualBox runs on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD. VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while innotek ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.
What's new in this version:
- VMM: fixed an issue with Windows 10 guest kernel debugging over the network for Hyper-V paravirtualized VMs
- VMM: fixed a bug which prevented reading the saved state of the 'PATM' unit from VirtualBox 4.3.x
- GUI: changed default OS type for Windows from Windows XP to Windows 7
- GUI: added another pre-defined guest screen resolution
- GUI: fixed update check which was broken due to changing the location of the root certificates
- GUI: fixed issu...
See all new features »