VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). VirtualBox runs on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD. VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while innotek ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.
What's new in this version:
- VMM: fixed a problem with large pages in Hyper-V (see here)
- VMM: when using the KVM PV provider, use the same frequency for all VCPUs. This will fix slow boots on certain hosts.
- VMM: fixed a hang under certain conditions for SMP guests (32-bit hosts only)
- VMM: several fixes
- AHCI: fixed a crash during shutdown under rare conditions
- AHCI: fixed crash as a result of I/O errors in certain conditions (bug #13105)
- Audio: fixed a VM ha...
See all new features »