CNET Editors' review
In today's world, everyone can use a little stress reduction, and an excellent way to do that is by learning and practicing meditation. Vesper.5 for Mac tries to help relieve your stress by teaching users how to meditate in a different way using a video game format.
Vesper.5 for Mac is a free game focused on demonstrating the art of meditation with a unique method. The program focuses on specific elements of meditation including repetition, patience and consistency. To complete the game, the user needs to play every day for 100 consecutive days. Progress in the game is slow and measured; exactly one step per day is allowed. The idea of teaching meditation through practice is not new, but the game format is. The interface is pretty basic with no accessible features. The graphics are very grainy and the objects on the screen are difficult to decipher. To figure out what's going on, you need to access the read-me file. When you launch the game, you are immediately thrown into full-screen mode. To quit the game, you need to use your Escape key.
Vesper.5 for Mac tries to teach meditation in a nontraditional format. The basic interface and style might not appeal to most die-hard gamers, but anyone looking for a unique challenge may enjoy this game.
From Michael Brough:
In this game, you may take one step each day, and then you must wait for the next day. If you wish to complete the game, you will have to make it a part of your life for at least 100 days. Make a ritual out of it. How will you incorporate it into your daily schedule? Will you tie it to an existing activity? Will you treat it as a ritual or merely a routine? Will you add to the ritual, embellishing it in your own way, making it yours? Meditate, say a prayer, think back over what has happened while you have been playing? Will you approach it alone or share it with another?
Is it worthwhile? You'll have to answer that for yourself.
It's a pilgrimage. It's very simple, but it does have choice in it; even the smallest decisions have their consequences amplified when you can only move daily.
More Products to Consider
- Sims 2 game update.
- Play a one-act interactive drama.
- Use peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs and more to mulchify z...
- Realtime strategy game.
- Play solitaire with 3D effects.
- Real-time strategy game.
- Save the human race from invading aliens in this fun arcade-typ...
- Version 1.1 Update for Spider Man 2 Third-person action adventu...
- Adventure game to explore worlds and build structures.
- Popular house life simulation game.
- Build and operate your own zoo.
- 1.0.4 Update for Command and Conquer Generals and the Zero Hour...
- Race your marbles through dangerous platforms and collect power...
- Real-time strategy game.
- Epic adventure battle game.
- Play the infamous ball game.
- Get your player object to the end green portal using the magnet...
- Super Nintendo (SNES) emulator.
- 32 classic solitaire games.
- A Dystopian Document Thriller Game.
- Adventure/puzzle game of desert exploration.
- Hit the lanes for a fun night of bowling,.
- Slap down tiles on your Mac.
- Real-time strategy game set in the Age of Discovery.