Undercover routinely checks with the Undercover server. In case of theft, the Mac's unique Undercover ID is added to the list on the Undercover server, initiating the recovery process. During the recovery phase, Undercover transmits its current location on the internet, enabling the Undercover team to identify the computer's exact physical location. Moreover, Undercover also sends screenshots of the stolen Mac, revealing details of the thief's identity. The Undercover recovery center will then work with law enforcement to recover the Mac.
In case recovery fails, the software has an ingenious plan B: it will simulate a hardware failure, urging the thief to send the computer in for repair or sell it. As soon as the thief gets rid of the Mac, Undercover will warn the new user that the Mac has been stolen and that it should be returned as soon as possible. The computer will shout from time to time that it has been stolen and Undercover will take over the screen, displaying how the Mac can be returned while making the computer unusable.
More Products to Consider
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Our free Antivirus for Mac keeps you safe from all the latest M...
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your privacy. Stop companies from tracking your browsin...
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Strongly encrypt important data and personal info.
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Fight malware that threaten your security on your Mac and iPhon...
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Find out what your kids are doing online.
- Wake up other computers in your LAN.
- Log keystrokes, passwords, IM chats, visited websites, take scr...
- For Mac Pro (Early 2009).
- Secure your Mac while you are away.
- Sign, verify, encrypt and decrypt files and email.
- Lock and unlock your Mac account by using your face and track y...
- Screensaver writes program to steer a robot.
- Keeping your files private couldn't be any easier.
- EBook reader for Mac.