From Programmed Integration:
In cooperation with Smithsonian Institution Press, Prof. Carl H. Ernst and ETI editor Ruud G.M. Altenburg have updated and extended Ernst and Barbour's standard work "Turtles of the World" (1989). This CD-ROM edition features multiple color photographs of essentially every recognized species of turtle and tortoise in the world. About 40 new species have been added and the taxonomy has been completely revised. Different modules within the program allow for hyper-linked browsing through higher taxa, species, and lower taxa, with sections on recognition, distribution, geographic variation, habitat, natural history, and conservation status. The geographic information system MapIt plots distributions of selected species on a set of quadrant maps, allowing for different scaled maps, the ability to compare distributions of pairs of species, map species density per quadrant, and check listings of species included per quadrant. An interactive key allows you to quickly identify turtles. All text is hyperlinked to an illustrated glossary covering 1000+ scientific and etymological terms.
"This new form of data presentation, a new publication medium for turtles, is well produced and definitely worth obtaining" - Chelonian Conservation and Biology.
What's new in this version: This new version adds vernacular names in German, French and Dutch, lots of pictures, and has updated accounts and keys.
More Products to Consider
- Amazon-enabled home inventory system for books, movies.
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Scientific 2D plotting program.
- Manage your personal video collection.
- Control model railroad layouts with your Mac.
- Read online print media content.
- Organize, visualize and maintain your family history.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- Track and hunt all your media.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Blood glucose reading tracking for diabetics.
- Display kinematics & dynamics of a simple pendulum.
- Helps users manage the books in their library.
- Stream videos, photos and music to PS3, Xbox 360, and other sup...
- Simulates a Geneva mechanism with 4 or 6 slots.
- A simple recipe manager with customizable ingredients lists.
- Home automation server that provides complete control in one ea...
- Simulates a pulley to study it's kinematics/dynamics.
- Let your computer express itself.