CNET Editors' review
TuNe for Mac displays currently playing song notifications in iTunes, which include the song's title, artist, and album artwork and last for a few seconds before fading out. While the premise is good, the execution isn't perfect: The app's features are broken into three separate apps, which take unnecessary space. Moreover, if you're using a newer version of OS X that supports Notification Center, you will find the app obsolete since iTunes already notifies you of the next song whenever it's minimized or the mini player is active.
Unlike traditional apps, TuNe for Mac features three packages: one to start the app, one to adjust the settings, and one to close it. The app has no dock or menu bar icon. Launch it and iTunes will start if it isn't already running. From then on, you will see text-based notifications in the lower half of your display whenever a new song starts playing. In the preferences, you can set the duration of the notification as well as adjust the color and font of the text.
While functional, TuNe for Mac looks and feels outdated. If you have a system with OS X Lion or newer, you won't need it because of iTunes and Notification Center integration. This utility will be useful to you only if you have an older machine, and even then it will feel slightly awkward because of its three separate packages.
From SYW Mac Software:
TuNe just displays the title, artist name and artwork of the tune that iTunes currently plays for a while, after that it disappears perfectly so it doesn't bother you much. The package includes the source code so that you can modify it by yourself.
What's new in this version: Fixed a bug. If the app doesn't work on MacOSX10.7 please update.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Find and copy missing album artwork into iTunes that can be use...
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Get missing artwork for your iTunes music and e-books.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- View the iTunes store's top songs, albums, and new releases.
- Displays the current and next two iTunes tracks.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- ITunes menu bar control, able to set streams or playlists as pr...
- Synchronize your avatar on iChat.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Screen saver shows current song in iTunes.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Find album cover artwork.
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Spotify tool that helps users do correct searches.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Grab screenshots from the iPhone SDK's iPhone/iPad/iOS Simulato...
- Customize your Mac OS X or iTunes theme.
- Digital video editing system.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: