TripleA is a turn based strategy game and board game. Supports single player vs AI, hot-seat, Play by Email, and a hosted online lobby. TripleA comes with multiple games and over 100 games can be downloaded from the user community. TripleA comes with, by default, just 4 maps: Big World, Great War, Capture the Flag, and Minimap. TripleA games involve various scenarios between world powers depicted on maps of varying size and complexity. Many maps for individual games are historical, being primarily based on relative strength and position of world powers leading up to the Second World War. A minority of games are more fantasy oriented or based on non historical scenarios.
Recreate World War 2 with the Axis pushing through to Moscow and Japan devouring the Pacific, or recreate Napoleon's march across Europe, or Rome defeating the Carthaginian Empire, or even Sauron conquering Middle Earth, or Zombies taking over America. If you have ever played a game where you push little plastic or virtual pieces around, roll dice, conquer the lands of your enemy, and produce new pieces to conquer with, Then you will be able to jump right into TripleA
Features include game modes team play, free for all, 1v1, single player vs. AI, and hot-seat mode, multiplayer using Play By Email (pbem), multiplayer via direct connect and LAN, and multiplayer using a free online lobby. Game can save at any moment, player disconnect generate a save game, view game history at any moment, edit mode to add and delete units, change money, change territory ownership, and even move pieces around, different skins for the user interface, zoom out on maps and can change the size of the units, and in-game chat.
What's new in this version:
- Version 184.108.40.206:
- Host freezing and crashing fixed.
- TripleA now has Dedicated Servers, which allow hosting online games for people who do not know how to set up their own host.
- New games included: Chess, Checkers, and Go, as well as a huge update to Great War (world war 1 game).
- Battle Calculator updated to show far more information, and allow determining retreats and order of losses.
- New options in Edit Mode to change politics, and add units which... See all new features »