CNET Editors' review
Fantasy worlds can be extraordinarily rewarding, but they aren't necessarily any easier to understand than the real world. Triple Triad Extreme: Dark Wind is an online multiplayer version of Final Fantasy 8's Triple Triad card game, and it is best experienced by players who are already familiar with the rules and play of that title.
We started off trying to understand the game rules available on the game's site, but found ourselves often confused. The game has dozens of variations on the in-game rules and many different rules for trades among players. New players will likely have to spend several days relying on the goodwill and explanations of other players before they can figure out all these subtleties.
The game is obviously designed to foster communication, since players gain more resources and get more powerful as they actively participate in the community. However, if players aren't already Triple Triad and Final Fantasy 8 aficionados, the early days are likely to be a challenge.
From Atomic Entertainment:
Triple Triad Extreme is a free online multiplayer version of Triple Triad from Final Fantasy 8. Triple Triad Extreme is a client-based application that contains 24+ game rules and ten trade rules. In addition, a new variation of Triple Triad on a 5x5 board, customizable avatars, player owned shops, and chinchirorin (dice game) have been added.
What's new in this version: Version 220.127.116.112 adds specific bug fixes and a stable deployment.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Chat with your friends through online.
- Keep track of when and where your friends are playing online PC...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Defragment your disks and improve computer performance and stab...
- Earn social points and gold and meet new friends.
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Purchase, download, and play video games.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Real-time, inter-node backgammon door game.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 34 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1